CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Caly18
Level 1: Cadet

Emails

Answered

I previously used my pc to access my emails but now my pc has been damaged and can't turn on. Am I able to find emails that I have opened on my pc when I log in to webmail or not? I can't seem to find anything prior to Jan 2019 when I log in to Telstra webmail through the internet. Also, if I set up my account on another computer will that bring up past emails or only new emails from date of setting up? Thank you Caly18

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Emails

There are two way you can set up an email account IMAP or POP. If the account was set up as IMAP the emails across all devices are synchronized on all devices and the sever. If set up as POP the email is downloaded from the server to your device and by default after a certain period of time usually 14 days the copy on the server is deleted. It sounds like your email client was set up to use pop and the only way to recover the emails is to find the email data file on the hard drive of your old PC and import the data file into another email client on another PC.

Setting up a account on another PC will not restore the emails. They have to be imported from the original email clients data file.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

There are two way you can set up an email account IMAP or POP. If the account was set up as IMAP the emails across all devices are synchronized on all devices and the sever. If set up as POP the email is downloaded from the server to your device and by default after a certain period of time usually 14 days the copy on the server is deleted. It sounds like your email client was set up to use pop and the only way to recover the emails is to find the email data file on the hard drive of your old PC and import the data file into another email client on another PC.

Setting up a account on another PC will not restore the emails. They have to be imported from the original email clients data file.

View solution in original post

philquad2
Level 3: Gumshoe

or you could fix your computer
is it a desktop? maybe the power supply
that would be easier than taking out the drive to get pst file off it.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now