CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
clix
Level 2: Rookie

How can I change my BigPond primary email address from using Eudora to Mac OSX Mail?

Answered

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: How can I change my BigPond primary email address from using Eudora to Mac OSX Mail?

That might be what the issue is?? Server having a brain fart as you should've been migrated to outlook.com.. I read from other posts the error message actually relates to being locked out.. Maybe consider contacting telstra directly and suggest to be migrated?

Cheers,
Dave

clix
Accepted Solution

Re: How can I change my BigPond primary email address from using Eudora to Mac OSX Mail?

phoned Telstra on 133933. The issue seemed to be to ensure that my incoming  and outgoing Mac mail servers were correct and then coaxing the server into believing it was me.  Telstra was helpful and took approx. 30 mins to fix with a couple of hiccups along the way.

Bob 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10

clix

Thank you Dave. I am sure it will work. My current problem after following you advice is that the server will not verify my password. Any suggestions?

Regards Bob

Mmm. Are you able to confirm your user and pass via webmail?

http://webedge2.telstra.com/webedge/do/dologin

Cheers,
Dave

clix

Tried logging in to webmail as suggested and can do so after entering username and password twice. Still cannot access mail through Mac Mail as will not verify password.

Bob

Grrrrr. Can I ask where it sent you once you logged into your webmail? Was it to outlook.com/live.com or bigpond?

Sadly I don't have a Mac to play with and not up with the install process.

Cheers,
Dave

clix

BigPond

bob

Accepted Solution

That might be what the issue is?? Server having a brain fart as you should've been migrated to outlook.com.. I read from other posts the error message actually relates to being locked out.. Maybe consider contacting telstra directly and suggest to be migrated?

Cheers,
Dave

clix

Thanks for your assistance.  You have been a help.  I will try Telstra.

Regards   bob

Cheers Bob,
Please let us know how you got on.. Hopefully it won't be to frustrating!

Cheers,
Dave

clix
Accepted Solution

phoned Telstra on 133933. The issue seemed to be to ensure that my incoming  and outgoing Mac mail servers were correct and then coaxing the server into believing it was me.  Telstra was helpful and took approx. 30 mins to fix with a couple of hiccups along the way.

Bob 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now