Answered

Can someone please tell me how I can change my bigpond email password

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change my bigpond email password

To change the password for your account or mailbox, this will need to be done via My Account:  http://tel.st/cpyn

Once the password has been changed, the website will advise that your modem may need to also be updated with that new password. 

There are links on How To Troubleshoot WiFi for the current ADSL modems offered by BigPond which includes how to change the password as well as changing the WiFi channel.

NBN, Cable and Velocity services will not require the modem be updated.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

desmo500
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

OK I SOLVED IT.. with some help...

here is how it is done.. NOT straight forward but not difficult

go to 

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

login.. 

wait

then select Personal Details

this will take you to the personal details page

there you will see Username & password

in text left-ish of screen..

press the blue  EDIT

that will allow you to change the password on your email..

I have taken nearly 28 hours to find this out.. ENJOY

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
25 REPLIES 25
Angela-M
Level 5: Eagle Eye

So long as it's not attached to your ADSL service, you can change your password in My Account. https://signon.bigpond.com/login?goto=https://my.bigpond.com/mybigpond/default.do?ref=Net-Button-MyA...

Just login and you'll see an option to change the password on the side. 

If your ADSL service is attached to the same email address, you may need to update the password in your modem as well

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.
tonnic
Level 1: Cadet

change bigpond.com password and also ADSL as receiving spam

Hi, I've noticed I started receiving emails to another person through my bigpond account. How do I change my password? It's also linked to my ADSL so how do I also change that? Is there any way to stop getting these emails?

Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Re: change bigpond.com password and also ADSL as receiving spam

Hi Tonnic,

Did you follow the instructions above to change your password? Once you have changed your password you will need to update it in your modem. Instructions on how to do that will change depend on your modem.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ozmaver1

Yeah that does not work, no option shown on my screen.

If you work for Telstra you must know they try to make things as difficult as possible?

DEGR1

My password is not accepted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DEGR1

Where are you trying to use your password at the moment?

Rheo

I have just purchased a new windows  Nokia Lumia 835 mobile phone. I am trying to set up my bigpond email account. I have a bigpond email address account name for which I pay a yearly fee of $25. My email account is with Telstra NOT bigpond.

Where do I go to change my Telstra Email account password. NOT bigpond.

John

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Rheo, 

I'm assuming that means your email ends in @telstra.com?  If so contact our team on 1800 266 000 to get it changed.

- Ben

Rheo

Hi Be,

No, I rent my bigpond email fron Bigpond for yearly fee. But I use it through Telstra.

Still looking for reply to my request.

Rheo (John)

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey John,

Did you call the number Ben provided? They can change this password for you.

Brodie

GRAHANN

MY OUTLOOK 2000 EMAIL IS SAYING ENTER PASSWORD AND SHOWING MY EMAIL ADDRESS I HAVE FORGOT THE PASSWORD WHAT DIO I DO

toyocrusa

Thank you for this information. Trying to setup a new Bigpond email account on an Ipad2. Telstra technical have set the account up and now have it operating after many problems at their end. I can access it through Bigpond Webmail but when I instal it on the Ipad and touch save, I get an error message saying "The user name or password for 'mail.bigpond.com' is incorrect.

Telstra gave me a password that worked with Webmail but not the ipad so I have just change the Password from your instructions and still getting the same error message, even though the new password works with Webmail. Cheers.

Brettimus

None of the information anyone has provided tells me HOW to change a password connected to the modem, i try to change it on my account and it says that i have to change it via my modem. HOW THE HELL DO I DO THIS!?!?! 

Dawnd-b

How do you change the email passwork for bigpond webmail service?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

To change the password for your account or mailbox, this will need to be done via My Account:  http://tel.st/cpyn

Once the password has been changed, the website will advise that your modem may need to also be updated with that new password. 

There are links on How To Troubleshoot WiFi for the current ADSL modems offered by BigPond which includes how to change the password as well as changing the WiFi channel.

NBN, Cable and Velocity services will not require the modem be updated.

- Shelly

Helena02

How can I change my bigpond email password

@TZSL wrote:

Can someone please tell me how I can change my bigpond email password

Kaygrant2

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kaygran2

Did you have a question at all?

hoges1

how can i change my bigpond password

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Hoges1

I'm hoping that the information provided Change a mailbox password will assist you in changing the password on  your Inbox 

Kind Regards 

desmo500

this does not work to change an email password.  all this does is reset a password. I dont want to reset a password I want to change one.

I can find NO WAY to change my email password except having TELSTRA set a new password, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a password that someone else knows.

desmo500
Accepted Solution

OK I SOLVED IT.. with some help...

here is how it is done.. NOT straight forward but not difficult

go to 

https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

login.. 

wait

then select Personal Details

this will take you to the personal details page

there you will see Username & password

in text left-ish of screen..

press the blue  EDIT

that will allow you to change the password on your email..

I have taken nearly 28 hours to find this out.. ENJOY

Wendan26

Shelley I have changed the email password and am on NBN but I cannot get into my emails it keeps telling me I need to update my modem but you are saying NBN does not need to do this.  Wendy

mop1

This is not a solution this is a recipe to completely compromise the existing settings on my PC

clutzi

Re: Recover bigpond email password

I got my, forgotten bigpond email password sent to the registered mobile number Telstra has.

The tricky thing I found was, when logging in to Telstra (myaccount), I had to use the email address I wanted the password 

for as the username and then click on "forgot my password", enter the date of birth,  telstra has on file, the mobile, telstra has on file and presto it came in, to my wife's mobile as it happens.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now