CrowdSupport®
RochelleKaisin
Level 1: Cadet

How do I enable Telstra Mail email notifications so I don't have to keep checking my email account?

Answered

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's any way of being able to enable notifications of emails in the new Telstra Mail system?
I really do not like this new way of emailing and if I can't receive notifications on my phone, I'm going to disconnect my email service. I don't have time to go to my computer every 5 minutes to check for an email because I can't check it on my phone. I can't find anything on any of the support/help pages to give me an answer so I'm hoping that someone here can help me because I've seriously had enough of it.....what was wrong with the Bigpond email that we could access easily? I don't even understand the need to have changed it in the first place, other than to make people have to log in to Telstra every time they connect. It's frustrating.

If someone could let me know please, that'd be great. Otherwise I'll just cancel my email account.

Thanks,

Rochelle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I enable Telstra Mail email notifications so I don't have to keep checking my email accou

did you set telstra mail up in your email app on the phone or are you just going to the telstra mail webpage?

If it is setup an your email app you should get notifications if you have them turned on, just like any other email account setup in the app

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I enable Telstra Mail email notifications so I don't have to keep checking my email accou

did you set telstra mail up in your email app on the phone or are you just going to the telstra mail webpage?

If it is setup an your email app you should get notifications if you have them turned on, just like any other email account setup in the app

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
brisco
Level 1: Cadet

@RochelleKaisin wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's any way of being able to enable notifications of emails in the new Telstra Mail system?
I really do not like this new way of emailing and if I can't receive notifications on my phone, I'm going to disconnect my email service. I don't have time to go to my computer every 5 minutes to check for an email because I can't check it on my phone. I can't find anything on any of the support/help pages to give me an answer so I'm hoping that someone here can help me because I've seriously had enough of it.....what was wrong with the Bigpond email that we could access easily? I don't even understand the need to have changed it in the first place, other than to make people have to log in to Telstra every time they connect. It's frustrating.

If someone could let me know please, that'd be great. Otherwise I'll just cancel my email account.

Thanks,

Rochelle.

I agree with you Rochelle, I only receive my messages on my lap top and iPad and I have to log on to my account everytime to check my emails. In my previous email system I used to receive a 'ping' when mail was received on my iPad, not on my laptop however. I would like to receive a notification in some way when an email is received. I am a senior lady and am trying my best to work through this new system.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi brisco, 

Happy to help, however I am still somewhat unsure exactly what you are needing assistance with. 

What device are you wanting set up email notifications for? Your iPad or your laptop? Or both?

What email service do you use? Do you use Outlook? Or do you just log in on the website telstra.com/email?

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now