CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Rustee1
Level 2: Rookie

How the hell do I access my email account now it has gone to Telstra mail???

Answered

OK, so I received the notifications regarding the change to Telstra mail and discovered the same as most customers. I can't find it. I have studied all the posts regarding POP or IMAC or whatever that is along with different ports etc but have no idea what they are talking about. No use calling by phone as noone answers within a reasonable amount of time (yes, I have waited for an hour without result). It seems this change has really been stuffed up by Telstra. I followed the email.telstra.com link and also the telstra.com/email  link and it just takes me to a page that tells me the benefits of telstra mail. I also logged in to Telstra mail and surprise, surprise, I arrived at the same bloody page. No emails, no inbox, no nothing. It would be appreciated if someone could not only tell me WHAT I need to do but also HOW to do it. I am running windows 10 and IE 11 and as far as I know have the correct settings. BUT some detailed directions would help. Any of the directions that I have followed from this forum have all seen me arrive at the same page. https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/extras/telstra-mail. This really is another Telstra shemozzle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rustee1
Accepted Solution

Re: How the hell do I access my email account now it has gone to Telstra mail???

Amazing. After trying all the solutions offered by Tech support etc. trying to understand HOW to try the "solutions" offered and losing the rest of my hair in the process, I simply clicked on the mail icon from the start menu in Windows 10 and entered my email address and password and bingo, we have mail again as it should be. Going from all the discussion here the change to Telstra mail has been one helluva stuffup and has been handled very poorly by Telstra. I hope some of you are helped by my solution. Not sure it is correct but at least my email is back to normal.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
cazzawill

Re: How the hell do I access my email account now it has gone to Telstra mail???

Same!! I can't access my emails at all. Not even on my iPad, iPhone or on my computer.
Level 24: Supreme Being

https://email.telstra.com/ will take you to the log in page.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Rustee1

Going by the amount of discussion from disgruntled punters Caz, we may be waiting a while Smiley Mad

Rustee1

Yep, it does Doc, but it is the page that tells us all how good Telstra mail is. No inbox etc. there?

cazzawill

That link doesn't work either. I can open my email account online but I can't open anything, delete anything or receive anything!!
The_Augur
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi Rustee1,

I had similar problems for 3 weeks,

pkspi has a solution which you can investigate if it fits your situation.

Check out his link at :

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-and-or-BigPond-Email/Telstra-Mail-No-emails-and-webma...

I have finally found (by accident) the solution to my problem.

My use of any of the 3 updated internet browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer) to access my emails on the new Telstra Mail server was blocked by my anti virus program “Kaspersky Total Security”. The program has a setting to “protect against collection of information about my activities on websites” and this setting was in the “ON” position. 

I had to make an exception and disable the blocking for the Telstra.com website where my emails are located. All is working including all the features of the webmail (e.g. “New Email”, “Settings”, etc).

I find it interesting that while this protection setting was "ON", I had no difficulty in accessing my webmail on “Outlook.com” or “Gmail”.

“Telstra Mail” is the only webmail site that I know of that requires this protection setting (i.e. protect against collection of information about my activities) to be disabled. Why would that be?

UNQUOTE

oh that is strange... that link takes me straight to my inbox...

Even if I logout and try it again it just gets me to sign back in and takes me back to my inbox again...

What browsers are you using?
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

2frustrateu
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, I tried following their setup too. Then I chose not to select the manual button and it all went smoothly, 15 test messages and all my other emails came through almost instantly. Good luck with yours.

tuff
Level 1: Cadet

new so called web mail total stuff up.cant beleive they would put this so called better system and think we are going to wear it.as for me sorting out new provider, you are a joke telstra lift your game.

Rustee1
Accepted Solution

Amazing. After trying all the solutions offered by Tech support etc. trying to understand HOW to try the "solutions" offered and losing the rest of my hair in the process, I simply clicked on the mail icon from the start menu in Windows 10 and entered my email address and password and bingo, we have mail again as it should be. Going from all the discussion here the change to Telstra mail has been one helluva stuffup and has been handled very poorly by Telstra. I hope some of you are helped by my solution. Not sure it is correct but at least my email is back to normal.

View solution in original post

helvison

I am trying to find how to turn that setting off in Kaspersky but I can't find where to locate it.  Can someone help?? Thanks in advance.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I did a quick web search and found this link: http://support.kaspersky.com/12036#block1

Let me know how you go.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now