CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
FAL
Level 1: Cadet

I can't receive emails on webmail

Answered

I can't receive emails on Bigpond webmail or outlook.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: I can't receive emails on webmail

Good afternoon there Fal,

Mate there is a known issue that is being attended too at the present time by Telstra engineers who are working with Microsoft to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

While this is being treated as a high level fault, at this stage they cannot advise when this will be resolved.

There are no interim work arounds for receiving these emails as it is affecting webmail as well as email apps.

The emails are currently being queued, so you should receive them once fixed.

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Good afternoon there Fal,

Mate there is a known issue that is being attended too at the present time by Telstra engineers who are working with Microsoft to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

While this is being treated as a high level fault, at this stage they cannot advise when this will be resolved.

There are no interim work arounds for receiving these emails as it is affecting webmail as well as email apps.

The emails are currently being queued, so you should receive them once fixed.

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Flash99
Level 1: Cadet

bigpond email not send/receive

My mum is visiting me here in UAE. Has BigPond account email but my home server won't recognise her address. She did not advise she was travelling, did she need to adjust /advise before she left?
Support Team
Support Team

Re: bigpond email not send/receive

Hi Flash99, 

Im sorry to hear that you have had difficulties with this. 

Please see our support page for assistance with this: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/Cannot-send-email-from-bigpond-...

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

littlebully
Level 2: Rookie

im trying to access my mail the same way and it keeps telling me that the server was reset while the page loads , i have tried the trouble shooter thing and have also waited over 1/2 hr to try again but keep getting the same message  , any help would be good

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Littlebully,

Can you try this link: http://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin ? Are you able to access the emails then?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

littlebully

thanks brodie , link worked but now all my mail is gone , i had a few saved for different reasons and all mail is now gone but i can still recieve some of them using my phone but not all and still no email in link you put above

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Littlebully,

When you access the emails normally (not via the link) do the other emails show?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

littlebully

i sent you a message showing what i get when i try to get in without using that link you gave me

Support Team
Support Team

Hi littlebully, 

So just to clarify, when you log in using Webmail none of your existing emails show? Yet when using your email client previously, all emails were there? 

In regards to log in, if you can log into Webmail with no issues, this would indicate all is ok with the account, and therefore if log in and setting details are correct with the email client, that should also allow you access. 

littlebully

i have always used this link on bigpond to access my account and mail

FireShot Screen Capture #003 - 'Telstra Media - Video, Sport, Music and Entertainment' - media_telstra_com_au_home_html.png

the link brodie gave me worked but this is all that is there ...... none of my saved messages or anything

FireShot Screen Capture #004 - 'Telstra BigPond WebMail - Message List' - webmail_bigpond_com_webedge_do_mail_folder_view;jsessionid=abcxBgLVxWpRA50bs8CQu_l=en-AU&v=bigpond.png

littlebully

i have also checked my settings and nothing is out of the ordinary as this is my only email account i use .

when i try to log in using the link for webmail ( first pic ) this is all i keep getting.

'Problem loading page' - mail_live_com_default_aspx.png

the webmail link used to work all the time but now it doesnt

thanks

littlebully

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Littlebully,

That is definitely strange! It might be best to give us a call (133933) or speak to LiveChat: http://tel.st/gq6m so we can get this looked at for you. 

Brodie

littlebully

got it sorted now , changed from firefox to google chrome and shows all my email , thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now