CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MikeF48
Level 2: Rookie

I cannot send emails from Outlook 2016

Answered

I have been using Outlook 2016 for almost 12 months without any dramas. However, last week I received a text from Telstra stating that my account had been compromised and as a result my account had been suspended. I rang Telstra and my password was reset and everything seemed to get back to normal. However, today my account was again suspended and, upon calling Telstra, my password was once again reset. On both occasions, I have logged into My account and changed the password provided by Telstra staff. Now I find that, after changing the password in the Outlook settings, I can receive emails but they will not send. It appears from the error messages I am getting that the outgoing email server will not accept the new password. However, the same password seems to be accepted by the incoming email server. The password is only entered once in the Outlook settings.

Can anyone help with this problem. I forgot to mention that this is all happening on my desktop PC running Windows 10 Profseesional.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeF48
Accepted Solution

Re: I cannot send emails from Outlook 2016

I seemed to have fixed my problem. I deleted all my email accounts from Outlook 2016 and re-created them from new. This seems to have done the trick. Got my fingers crossed that this issue does not rear its head again.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Steven61
Level 1: Cadet

For God's sake, I have been on Telstra support for over 2 hours now with EXACTLY the same problem and they just don't get it. Has anyone solved the problem??

Steven61

And now I am completely OVER Telstra. The person I was LiveChatting to gave up trying to communicate via LIveChat and said she was going to ring me. Well 20 minutes later ... NO CALL. This is not service, this is a disgrace.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi steven61, 

It's disappointing to see we have let you down with a missed callback. 

So we can chase this up for you, can you please provide a reference number associated with your current concerns?

What Reference Numbers can I obtain from Telstra?

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MikeF48
Accepted Solution

I seemed to have fixed my problem. I deleted all my email accounts from Outlook 2016 and re-created them from new. This seems to have done the trick. Got my fingers crossed that this issue does not rear its head again.

andrias

im having the same probs but I think it is in the outlook new updates and it is telling me to reset my product key for the 365 vertion off wich I have the full vertion and only need one product key

andrias

its not telstra ,it is micrsoft updates

Hillcrestpark1

I am using Outlook 2013 and still no success with sending emails.  For over an hour I was on the phone to Telstra and no luck, saying it was my computer issue, yet everyone is having same problems no matter what system they are using.  Where is the support for us Telstra?????????????????

I have been a customer for 30 years and the one issue I have, Telstra won't acknowledge!!!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi all, 

I believe we have a solution which should assist. 

Several weeks ago 50% of traffic was migrated from our old server to a newone, and on Friday 03/03 the remaining 50% of traffic was migrated across also.

As a result Customers that have the incorrect mail settings or have SMTP authentication enabled will be impacted and unable to send an email. You will be able to login and script a new email, however whenyou attempt to send the email you will be prompted to enter your password. Although you enter the correct password the request will fail and you will not be able to send the email.
You need to configure your email client correctly as per the recommendations on the Telstra website (Instructions below). Specifically,your username for SMTP authentication should contain the domain eg. @bigpond.com. Also if you disable SMTP authentication it will fix the issue.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

kymbo2014

Hi Lindy I was online twice communicating with one of your live chat team (Rachel Abby) on Saturday 4/3 however I still do not have a resolution.  I have scoured all the Crowd Support conversations and have tried your solution however I now cannot receive NOR send emails from my bigpond email account.

I am extremely frustrated and disappointed that Telstra have not communicated via email that they have migrated remaining customers to the new platform... the last email I received indicated that my email migration was unsuccessful and would remain on the old platform until further notice.

Could you please advise a resolution urgently. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kymbo2014

Sorry to hear that the resolutions provided have not worked.

From here, I would recommend speaking with our 24x7 Technical Support Team by calling 133933 for further assistance. 

Kind Regards 

GMU

I am also having identical problems with the outgoing emails whne connected with Outlook 2016 and also my phone.

I have given up with talking to Technical Support. They do not understand the issue at all. They even logged into my PC and tried to correct the problem themselves, with no luck.

I have also noted on my account, that I cannot have a warening message.

"We have disabled your mailbox editing tool because of a technical error. Please try again later."

Like "Mike F48". I have been using Outlook 2016 for over 12 months without any dramas. I migrated my accounts without any hassels.  Last week I received a text from Telstra stating that my account had been compromised and as a result my account had been suspended. After the account was cleared and my password was changed (as advised by Technical Support), I could finally receive emails, but unable to send emails. The error messages that I receive state that the outgoing email server will not accept the password. However, the same password seems to be accepted by the incoming email server. The password is only entered once in the Outlook settings.

WHY?

My Outlook is setup as per the Tesltra Instructions.

Disabling SMTP authentication does not fix the issue, it creates another issuse.

I now receive a System Adminsitrator emails stating "Undeliverable:xxxx"
Server error: '550 RCPT TO <XXXXX> Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH'

I have spent over 6 hours on the phone with no quality support. I was advised that it was a back of the house technical issue. But it has NOT been rectified.

If I have to change back to a POP3 account I will do so until a fix is found. But please somene with experience assist me.

I have a Telstra Reference Number.

I would appreciate immediate assistance.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi GMU,

If the technical support team have done the initial testing and escalated to the back of house team, it can take a few days for the investigation to be complete.

They should give you a call when it has been tested and returned but you can check for any updates by activating a link for a callback that they should have send you by SMS or email when logging the fault. 

- AlistairQWA

GMU

Hello AlistairQWA

I have been waiting over 6 days now for them to get back to me.

How long do I have to wait???

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now