CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Mikeness33
Level 1: Cadet

I cannot send emails from Outlook 2016

Answered

I followed the setup details for outbound email (ie port 465 on SSL) and still get the following:

Send test e-mail message: Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: 554 Connection refused. 173.239.236.55 is blacklisted 

Any help out there??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum
Accepted Solution Solution Verified by Telstra

Re: I cannot send emails from Outlook 2016

Hi @Mikeness33

The IP address you are sending from is on CBL's blacklist

First thing you want to do is run a Suite of Virus/Malware scans to make sure your computer and other devices are clean, then you can request a de-listing on the above site

Probably to note: The blacklisting may have have actually come from anything you have done. As IP addresses are generally dynamic, it may of been caused by whoever had used that IP before you.

Another good write-up can be found Here

Is you do need any further help, feel free to contact Telstra Platinum

Chris

Telstra Platinum Tech Support

Icon image for Telstra Platinum

---------------------------------------
I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum
Accepted Solution Solution Verified by Telstra

Re: I cannot send emails from Outlook 2016

Hi @Mikeness33

The IP address you are sending from is on CBL's blacklist

First thing you want to do is run a Suite of Virus/Malware scans to make sure your computer and other devices are clean, then you can request a de-listing on the above site

Probably to note: The blacklisting may have have actually come from anything you have done. As IP addresses are generally dynamic, it may of been caused by whoever had used that IP before you.

Another good write-up can be found Here

Is you do need any further help, feel free to contact Telstra Platinum

Chris

Telstra Platinum Tech Support

Icon image for Telstra Platinum

---------------------------------------
I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now