Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: I cannot send or receive emails to my bigpond account

Hey @MickPat1,

Sorry to read about the troubles you're having. Are you able to view the emails via Webmail? (https://tel.st/445tj)

If so, could you please try confirming if the below information is entered into your email client;

Account type:

• Account type: POP3

Incoming server details:

• Incoming server address: https://tel.st/ysn2w
  • Incoming server port: 995
  • Encrypted connection: SSL

Outgoing server details:

• Outgoing server address: https://tel.st/cq5sh
  • Outgoing server port: 465 (recommended) or 587
  • Authentication: Yes
  • Encrypted connection: With SSL encryption

Username & Password:

• User name: Your Telstra email address - ending in ‘@bigpond.com’, ‘@bigpond.net.au’ or ‘@telstra.com.’
  • Password: Your Telstra email account password - REMEMBER it’s case sensitive.

Other settings to check:

• Make sure ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’ is ticked.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MickPat1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi MickeyCee,

I should have given you more details the first time. I have just changed my modem over to the new Telstra Smart Modem and I have been having problems on and off since. If I switch off the connection to the Smart Modem wi-fi and go with my iPad wi-fi or iPhone wi-fi I am all good. When I switch back the Smart Modem I receive messages sometimes and other times I get an error message. I have never had any problems before with the old Telstra modem that I was using.

Incoming i am using imap.telstra.com and outgoing is smtp.telstra.com.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update and I do apologise for the continued issues with this email access. 

Are you able to check the link at under the IMAP settings and ensure these are the same that you have listed for your profile? 

If you do have the right settings and continue to have issues then our Tech Team would be the best contact on 132200 (24/7) and saying 'Mobile Faults' when prompted. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

MickPat1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi DingoDan,

It appears that my email issues have righted themselves now. I haven’t had any error messages in the last few days. Thanks for your reply but at this stage everything seems fine now.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi MickPat1, that is great to hear and thank you so much for taking the time to let us know. I shall pass this onto Dingo and MickeyCee so they know what is going on. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now