CrowdSupport®
OhNo1
Level 2: Rookie

I have almost 100,000 emails in my Telstra mail account and Microsoft mail on my Mac. How do I bulk

Answered

I have almost 100,000 emails in my Telstra mail account and Microsoft mail on my Mac. How do I bulk deleat?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: I have almost 100,000 emails in my Telstra mail account and Microsoft mail on my Mac. How do I b

@OhNo1 wrote:

I have almost 100,000 emails in my Telstra mail account and Microsoft mail on my Mac. How do I bulk deleat?

@OhNo1 Wow, that is allot :-)

In Telstra Mail, you select the ALL highlight tick box then the DELETE button. If you hold down the Ctrl button over any of the highlighted you can un-select individually. 

[EDIT} That option looks like it only does 50 at a time.

maild.jpg

I don't know much about MACs, but on the PC in Microsoft Mail/Outlook you can select the first one (Highlight) then hold down the SHIFT button and select the last one and press delete. Although that will take awhile to delete, then with both cases you would need to empty your trash bin.

Another way is to right-click on the Inbox and select DELETE ALL.

delete.jpg

Assuming the MAC is similar to the PC :-)

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Highlighted
OhNo1
Accepted Solution

Re: I have almost 100,000 emails in my Telstra mail account and Microsoft mail on my Mac. How do I b

Thanks heaps for the help. I tried the Microsoft mail deletion options but the Delete All drop down is not available on my Mac. So it looks like I have to the delete 50 at a time in Telstra mail but that means I have to delete 2000 times. Is there a better way. By the time I delete 2000 times I will have lots of new messages come in and anyway I am not sure if this is really practical. Is there a practical way?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

@OhNo1 wrote:

@OhNo1 Wow, that is allot :-)

In Telstra Mail, you select the ALL highlight tick box then the DELETE button. If you hold down the Ctrl button over any of the highlighted you can un-select individually. 

[EDIT} That option looks like it only does 50 at a time.

maild.jpg

I don't know much about MACs, but on the PC in Microsoft Mail/Outlook you can select the first one (Highlight) then hold down the SHIFT button and select the last one and press delete. Although that will take awhile to delete, then with both cases you would need to empty your trash bin.

Another way is to right-click on the Inbox and select DELETE ALL.

delete.jpg

Assuming the MAC is similar to the PC :-)

Highlighted
OhNo1
Accepted Solution

Thanks heaps for the help. I tried the Microsoft mail deletion options but the Delete All drop down is not available on my Mac. So it looks like I have to the delete 50 at a time in Telstra mail but that means I have to delete 2000 times. Is there a better way. By the time I delete 2000 times I will have lots of new messages come in and anyway I am not sure if this is really practical. Is there a practical way?

@OhNo1 wrote:

@OhNo1 On your MAC, did you try highlighting the first one you want to delete then scroll down to the last one you want to delete, Hold the SHIFT button down, and select the last one.?

On the PC that then highlights them all between those two selected so you just need to press the DELETE button?

Someone that owns a MAC might know another way... sorry :-(

As for Telstra Mail, the only other thing I can think of to delete so many at once, and yours is huge, is to download all your new ones then call support and ask them to reset your email to delete them all.

If it was your own domain that would be easy, but not having full access to Telstra Mail back-end I can't think of any other way.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now