CJNET4
Level 1: Cadet

Is Telstra Mail still available?

There’s a fact sheet but no details on how to sign up that I can find. I have called 132200 and let’s just say they’re not too familiar with this product even when I advised where I got the limited information I had from (the Telstra website)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Is Telstra Mail still available?

Telstra Mail is Telstra’s standard email service. So if you have a BigPond or Telstra fixed service it will have an email address that will be on Telstra Mail, if you have a fixed bundle you can add additional email addresses via MyAccount - http://tel.st/myacc and then mailboxes and add.

If you don’t have any Telstra services you can get Telstra Mail but it is a paid service in that case.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

CJNET4

I appreciate your reply DrQ.

I was aware of most of that, just not how to sign up. There's no phone number, no link, no apparent way of signing up online. Calling 132200 there's the distinct sound of head scratching, with one people I spoke to seeming to think BigPond was still around. Since my post, I did speak to another consultant at Telstra who was very helpful, but when it came to the crunch, an @telstra.com email address was apparently not available, only bigpond.com. This is despite the CIS stating telstra.com, bigpond.com and bigpond.net.au were available.
CJNET4

Just Live Chatted to someone else at Telstra on this. He rudely told me that @telstra.com email addresses are no longer available. I directed him to the Critical Information Summary document, which is out of date apparently. But it is still publicly available to read. I would have thought in the past two years since the document was published that if it did change, adjustments to the CIS would have been made.

Telstra.com and BigPond.net.au addresses are older ones and aren’t used for new addresses any more, only existing users with those. The current ones are being done as BigPond.com.

It would still have to be in the CIS for people who already have those email addresses who are moving onto paid email if they cancelled BigPond services.

The free mail can be signed up in MyAccount but new paid addresses is only able to be done by support because it would require ensuring billing account is set up and the like.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.