CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Bingo2
Level 3: Gumshoe

Keeping my bigpond email address

Answered

We will be changing our IP soon but need to retain our bigpond email address, I understand that a "Subscribed mailbox service" is available to us FREE of charge for one year. I can find zero information regarding how to set this up. Can you help please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
OccasBigpndUser
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Keeping my bigpond email address

Hi Bingo2 -

I recently cancelled my telstra internet plan and my bigpond email address became inaccessible at the same time. Was a tad surprised as hadn't mentally linked the 2 services that I had used for well over a decade - particularly as I had ongoing telstra services on MyAccount and the bigpond email address is my login for MyAccount and primary contact email for MyAccount. Go figure. Anyway.

I set aside some quiet time and had an online chat that confirmed that my bigpond email address could be reactivated - free for 12 months - $79 p/a if i wished to keep it thereafter. They transferred me within a few minutes to a Billing online chat consultant who reactivated the bigpond email address then and there and provided me with an incident reference number. I also got the online chat transcript emailed to (an alternative) email address. As soon as I logged off the chat and logged into webmail everything was there. KUDOS to the online chat team. !!!!! I am very happy as 12 months free grace period will give me a chance to a) change contact email address on MyAccount and b) gradually notify and migrate all my contacts to the alternative free email address which is NOT linked to a telco.

Trust this info assists. Rgds.

View solution in original post

Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Doing it after the fact can lead to issues where it may not be able to be reactivated successfully or be delayed so I would highly suggest to call 132200 and say "disconnect" before you port out the service and have the disconnection team put the email retention in place in advance to make sure you don't have any downtime or any other issued.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
OccasBigpndUser
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Hi Bingo2 -

I recently cancelled my telstra internet plan and my bigpond email address became inaccessible at the same time. Was a tad surprised as hadn't mentally linked the 2 services that I had used for well over a decade - particularly as I had ongoing telstra services on MyAccount and the bigpond email address is my login for MyAccount and primary contact email for MyAccount. Go figure. Anyway.

I set aside some quiet time and had an online chat that confirmed that my bigpond email address could be reactivated - free for 12 months - $79 p/a if i wished to keep it thereafter. They transferred me within a few minutes to a Billing online chat consultant who reactivated the bigpond email address then and there and provided me with an incident reference number. I also got the online chat transcript emailed to (an alternative) email address. As soon as I logged off the chat and logged into webmail everything was there. KUDOS to the online chat team. !!!!! I am very happy as 12 months free grace period will give me a chance to a) change contact email address on MyAccount and b) gradually notify and migrate all my contacts to the alternative free email address which is NOT linked to a telco.

Trust this info assists. Rgds.

Accepted Solution

Doing it after the fact can lead to issues where it may not be able to be reactivated successfully or be delayed so I would highly suggest to call 132200 and say "disconnect" before you port out the service and have the disconnection team put the email retention in place in advance to make sure you don't have any downtime or any other issued.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now