message to enable PM
kmdk
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Message content rejected due to suspected spam IB703

Posting so that I can send a PM.
abaj

I am also having this problem and I am trying to send a private message to you with the details requested in the solution at the top of this thread

However I have just joined  this forum and don't have sufficient privileges to send a pm. What can I do?

Working for a not-for-profit organisation
abaj

Ah, so If I has read the second page of this thread i would have found out that posting would let me send a pm.
Working for a not-for-profit organisation
KalamAzad

we experienced the same issue , followed the steps in the following post. got it resolved

We will raise a request to our engineers provided that you send the following details via Private message to Kenobi, AlistairQWA or myself.
•Sample dates & times of when the error is happening.
•Sending domain/address
•If you are attempting to send to addresses at bigpond.com or bigpond.net.au or both.
•An approximate of the volume of emails that are attempting to send per hour to us.
•The source IP of the sending server if possible.
•Justification of the request
•Contact details

Once we receive this information, an escalation will be raised and we will provide you with updates as they are provided to us.

- Shelly
Baxi

Posting to get updates same issue as everyone else... But apparently no problem if you talk to telstra technology support.. Just a joke.. Telstra you need to get this sorted.. Thousands of people effected and income loss is on you...
Jenny
RJE

Just posting so I can PM
Myopengarden

Hi Telstra Support
Another Monday morning and another 800 emails bounced back to me by bigpond users! I am getting so much flack from my subscribers that have bigpond accounts its driving me to drink.
I have sent the details of the problem like many many others by PM and really need you guys to undo whatever you have done to your spam filters that has caused this grief.
At a personal level i am finding that friends can't even send me an email with a link in it without it bouncing.
Your urgent assistance required.
Andrew
www.myopengarden.com.au
vi4

Just posting so I can PM
Masterplatt

Posting so I can PM
Masterplatt

posting so I can PM
ts2810

I'm posting a message so I can PM you my details.
Just here to get my email issue fixed
D2SL

Posting so I can PM.
Myopengarden

Thank you Telstra support. Problem with rejected emails solved for our websites bulk emails (myopengarden.com.au & igarden.com.au).

It seems that Telstra's anti-spam vendor had blacklisted our emails and they had to get our websites off their list. (It's a bit puzzling that the error says suspect content but heh ..)

In fairness to Telstra once I had sent the details via PM to them they did resolve the issues albeit over a couple of weeks. (I waited a couple of days since the "fix" to make sure our regular email dispatch went out early Monday morning - all good)

DerrickS

Hi!

We are experiencing a similar issue - the error message we get is "554 Connection refused - IB115. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is blacklisted. If you believe this to be in error, please contact postmaster@bigpond.com". Tried writing to postmaster@bigpond.com, but received no response.

I also tried to send you a private message, but forum system just gives me a blank screen.
Alpine

Sorry to piggy back your thread, but it's clear to me that Telstra has made some sort of change that is affecting numerous customers (me included) in exactly the same way, without any change being made at the customer end. Time to acknowledge it, Telstra, and fix it?
Highlighted
JaymeMcQuaig

Reply to enable PM
viScana-41H

HELLO,can u please provide me with a solution of html can beeing inbox
MelH1

Posting so I can use PM

choicemmaus

Hi, I've submitted this twice, it's been weeks, how long does the process take?
Support Team
Support Team

Hey choicemmaus, the only other suggestion I can make would be to ensure all PCs sending the emails are virus free; and confirm that you are using a registered business email address so as to not trip so many filters.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

competition

post so can pm
Technical Support
Technical Support

@choicemmmaus can you please send me a private message with the details that you have previously emailed to the postmaster? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ben73

This is pathetic from Telstra.

I'm having to search through Google, find this thread, create a personal account, post this message and then submit my company's email server details all because Telstra obviously don't use a globally recognized, publicly searchable, anti-spam provider which provide avenues to automatically have your email servers removed from any blacklist if they are incorrectly flagged.

There's 2 pages of posts here spanning 6 months. Is this seriously the only avenue Telstra provide to fix a problem they clearly have caused by implementing a poorly built system?

This is not to be confused with all the other threads regarding bounce backs for all the other bigpond domains...

ELHousni

(24-04-2018)
Sending domain/address = sachinjapan.com/192.3.45.107
200/h
SMTP service denied: "554 Connection refused - IB115. 192.3.45.107 is blacklisted. If you believe this to be in error, please contact
postmaster@bigpond.com
" received from extmail.bigpond.com (203.36.137.234) while connected from sachinjapan.com (192.3.45.107) to extmail.bigpond.com (203.36.137.234).
i used to sent notifications email to my bigpond subscribers on my website, suddenly i had this error from your blocklist bigpond i d'ont know why , i had checked my ip if it listed MX Toolbox lookup, SORBS and Invaluement, spamhaus, but it isn't.
Ben73

When should I expect this to be fixed?

I have followed the "solved" post at the top of this thread and haven't heard a thing.

Edit: Actually I can't follow the "solved" post as I get a bounceback from postmaster@bigpond.com

*facepalm*

AJP2

message to enable PM
wizard

I've sent email but haven't got any response yet
tiggerificred

Replying so I can PM

lau01

replying to PM
qwerty54

I've supplied the info requested but my email to postmaster@bigpond.com is rejected with message IB703.
Technical Support
Technical Support

This should still go through to them, despite the error that you received. Have you received a response from them yet?

platonica

Any idea if this actually went through?
I just emailed and got the same response
There was a problem delivering your message to postmaster@bigpond.com
See the technical details below.
The response from the remote server was:
558 5.7.1 5B8504C814BC3307 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. IB703
voytek

nonsense:

my message to "postmaster@bigpond.com"

was REJECTED with, guess what ?  IB703

great work, bigpond

<postmaster@bigpond.com>: host extmail.bigpond.com[203.36.137.234] said: 558
    5.7.1 5B9511811093F0B2 Message content rejected due to suspected spam.
    IB703 (in reply to end of DATA command)

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

@voytek @platonica Are you trting to send from a Telstra/ bigpond account?

If you have a Gmail or other non Telstra account, try to send the report from there. I've sent one from my personal email and it didn't bounce.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
platonica

Thanks for the tip Jupiter

I tried from 2 work addresses and even from webmail inside the bigpond login and all threw an error..

Technical Support
Technical Support

@platonica: Is there a link in the signature that appeared in both your work and BigPond webmail that may be causing this issue?

platonica

Yes the domain address I was asking about was in both but I also tried text only with the same response. Just checking now the webmail version was rejected without even being sent. It was in my drafts 

Further to this I've sent test emails and the issue seems to have been resolved. 
Is it possible that it just takes more than 72 hours for the spamhaus data or spam flags to be refreshed (more like a week) 

Technical Support
Technical Support

There are different levels of blocking depending on a number of variables. I'm glad to hear that this is now working for you.

Voytek, can you test your and advise if you still need assistance?

EMP

Hi Guys

We are large business at Australia and we sending emails to our bigpond customers

Currently emails are rejecting due to error 5.7.1 5B7EB89918F19E99 Message content rejected due to suspected spam

Could someone help me !!

Thank you
Jayzzz

Hi @Shellock

I have the same issue and i have emailed all the details to postmaster@bigpond.com, can you let me know by when i can expect a response? Also i am not able to PM you.

Cheers
Jayzzz

Hi @Kenobi

I have the same issue and i have emailed all the details to postmaster@bigpond.com, can you let me know by when i can expect a response? Also i am not able to PM you.

Cheers
johnguardian

Responding to private

APensioner
Level 2: Rookie

Hi 

I have majority of my emails returned to me as suspect spam.

This from any out of four email address with Telstra using Outlook 2010 or WEB mail. Even mails to my sell. It is frustrating because I do get calls from people asking the whereabouts of emails I promised. More frustrating as I have reported on the Chat link. As you can see form a copy below it has even been escalated to the techs with no joy.The operators promising it will be fixed which turn out to be false as they  do not fi it and should stop making these promises. Now when I send an email I go back in the inbox to see if it has been returned. I then try to use another sender , sometimes it does work others not. I have been on web mail with the support people logged in to my PC and when trying to send get a locked screen.

I get promises like this one "Since you have not received any call from our level 2 team. I have dropped a mail to the team on this you will receive a call in 24-48 hour's"

No calls received.

And this about a week ago, still no joy

"I will immediately transfer this chat to the Emails department and have them get all this sorted for you. They also have the access to share your computer screen with your permission and check what's happening."

There has been no change on my pc and I am using email addresses that I used for many many years. The problem just started some weeks ago.

I am in no doubt that the problem is to complicated for Telstra and they are at this stage unable to fix it. I base that on my own experience and the large number of other customers that have exactly the same problem, same error codes, only the msg number is different.One can multiply the number with 25 to get the real number of unhappy customer with the same problem. That is why it is hard to understand why it has not been fixed. The question has to be asked,  are Telstra understaffed or not employing qualified staff???

Here are copy of some of the text in one of my many complaints:

Telstra Email Escalation Webform

First Date Problem Occurred:  29/10/2018

Problem Description including any error messages, what you are doing when the error occurs (e.g. clicking on a specific folder), bounce back messages:  5BB3F89B08E4A3CE Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703 [Err code: 558 5.7.1]

cx unable to send emails to any sender. added the email address in safe senders list.

550 5.7.1 5BB3FB50044438A4 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703

Please enter the EXACT error message:  5BB3F89B08E4A3CE Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703 [Err code: 558 5.7.1]

APensioner

Hi

I have majority of my emails returned to me as suspect spam.

This from any out of four email address with Telstra using Outlook 2010 or WEB mail. Even mails to my sell. It is frustrating because I do get calls from people asking the whereabouts of emails I promised. More frustrating as I have reported on the Chat link. As you can see form a copy below it has even been escalated to the techs with no joy.The operators promising it will be fixed which turn out to be false as they do not fi it and should stop making these promises. Now when I send an email I go back in the inbox to see if it has been returned. I then try to use another sender , sometimes it does work others not. I have been on web mail with the support people logged in to my PC and when trying to send get a locked screen.

I get promises like this one "Since you have not received any call from our level 2 team. I have dropped a mail to the team on this you will receive a call in 24-48 hour's"

No calls received.

And this about a week ago, still no joy

"I will immediately transfer this chat to the Emails department and have them get all this sorted for you. They also have the access to share your computer screen with your permission and check what's happening."

There has been no change on my pc and I am using email addresses that I used for many many years. The problem just started some weeks ago.

I am in no doubt that the problem is to complicated for Telstra and they are at this stage unable to fix it. I base that on my own experience and the large number of other customers that have exactly the same problem, same error codes, only the msg number is different.One can multiply the number with 25 to get the real number of unhappy customer with the same problem. That is why it is hard to understand why it has not been fixed. The question has to be asked, are Telstra understaffed or not employing qualified staff???

Here are copy of some of the text in one of my many complaints:

Telstra Email Escalation Webform

First Date Problem Occurred: 29/10/2018

Problem Description including any error messages, what you are doing when the error occurs (e.g. clicking on a specific folder), bounce back messages: 5BB3F89B08E4A3CE Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703 [Err code: 558 5.7.1]

cx unable to send emails to any sender. added the email address in safe senders list.

550 5.7.1 5BB3FB50044438A4 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703

Please enter the EXACT error message: 5BB3F89B08E4A3CE Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703 [Err code: 558 5.7.1]
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi APensioner

Have you sent a request to the postmaster who should be listed in the spam rejection as they will be able to investigate. Take a look at the Accepted Solution provided on the following thread Message-content-rejected-due-to-suspected-spam-IB703  Once the Postmaster gets the relevant information they can investigate this for you.

One other thing you can try is leaving your modem off for around 15 minutes if you are on a residential connection as this should reconnect with a new IP and may resolve the issue. 

- AlistairQWA

APensioner

Thanks for your quick response, we had like 50000 lightning strikes so as it got closer I turn all the power off, twice now so the modem has been retest. I will look at the accepted solution. Tried emailing Postmaster and failed did not go thorough.

Technical Support
Technical Support

Have you tried accessing the email on an alternate device or connection ( mobile data instead of home broadband ) to see if the same return email happens. 

Even with a spam listed email address, the email to the postmaster should go through. 

- AlistairQWA

APensioner

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: 50 5.7.1 5BB548770D5CD257 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703
Sent: 16/11/2018 2:03 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'postmaster@bigpond.com' on 16/11/2018 2:03 PM
550 5.7.1 5BB3FA130DB3FF0D Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703

Technical Support
Technical Support

First time I've seen that. If you want to send me a PM with the information requested in the link then I can forward it off to the network team to investigate. 

- AlistairQWA

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more