Highlighted
gca333333333333
Level 2: Rookie

Message content rejected due to suspected spam

Up until last night, I have been able to use webmail as normal sending emails with and withoutment attachments. I am sending am email this morning to my usual contacts and received this message: 558-5.7.1 Suspicious traffic. 558 5.7.1 5BB548770AB484E0 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703 [Err code: ]

I tried sending it to different email address with and without any attachements. It has text in the subject and body. I am not on any black list. It's urgent.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
cevalan
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Message content rejected due to suspected spam

I have the same problem!
gca333333333333

I just got through to a Sayeed Bin via Live chat and he said:

"I would like to inform you that there is a temporary issue with bigpond servers due to which you are facing this issue.
Sayeed Bin at 14:18, Nov 8:

Please do not they are already working on it, it will be fixed soon.

For now, you can try accessing webmail www.bigpond.com using different browser to check if that works."

Thanks for nothing Telstra
wattsup
Level 1: Cadet

Same problem, been trying to respond to people since yesterday. Telstra webmail seems a bit flaky at times.
gca333333333333

Yes, it's still not resolved. Frustrating.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you are experiencing this issue please take a look at the Accepted Solution provided on the following thread Message-content-rejected-due-to-suspected-spam-IB703 Once the Postmaster gets the relevant information they can investigate this for you.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

APensioner

Hi

I have majority of my emails returned to me as suspect spam.

This from any out of four email address with Telstra using Outlook 2010 or WEB mail. Even mails to my sell. It is frustrating because I do get calls from people asking the whereabouts of emails I promised. More frustrating as I have reported on the Chat link. As you can see form a copy below it has even been escalated to the techs with no joy.The operators promising it will be fixed which turn out to be false as they do not fi it and should stop making these promises. Now when I send an email I go back in the inbox to see if it has been returned. I then try to use another sender , sometimes it does work others not. I have been on web mail with the support people logged in to my PC and when trying to send get a locked screen.

I get promises like this one "Since you have not received any call from our level 2 team. I have dropped a mail to the team on this you will receive a call in 24-48 hour's"

No calls received.

And this about a week ago, still no joy

"I will immediately transfer this chat to the Emails department and have them get all this sorted for you. They also have the access to share your computer screen with your permission and check what's happening."

There has been no change on my pc and I am using email addresses that I used for many many years. The problem just started some weeks ago.

I am in no doubt that the problem is to complicated for Telstra and they are at this stage unable to fix it. I base that on my own experience and the large number of other customers that have exactly the same problem, same error codes, only the msg number is different.One can multiply the number with 25 to get the real number of unhappy customer with the same problem. That is why it is hard to understand why it has not been fixed. The question has to be asked, are Telstra understaffed or not employing qualified staff???

Here are copy of some of the text in one of my many complaints:

Telstra Email Escalation Webform

First Date Problem Occurred: 29/10/2018

Problem Description including any error messages, what you are doing when the error occurs (e.g. clicking on a specific folder), bounce back messages: 5BB3F89B08E4A3CE Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703 [Err code: 558 5.7.1]

cx unable to send emails to any sender. added the email address in safe senders list.

550 5.7.1 5BB3FB50044438A4 Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703

Please enter the EXACT error message: 5BB3F89B08E4A3CE Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703 [Err code: 558 5.7.1]
cb101
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi All,

Started to get the same error message again yesterday 23/11/2018:
550 5.7.1 5BB54877100BFA8C Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703

It started a few weeks back and was able to resolve it temporarily by purchasing a static IP (changing the public IP seemed to be a work around as had no issue sending over 4G)

I'm using Office H&B 2013. Same issue with Office 2016.
Settings the same as they have always been, double checked against Telstra email setup docs.
During this issue, the built in Outlook Account test also fails.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi cb101, we do have some information that may be of help and instuctions on having this matter investigated. These can be found directly at http://tel.st/6fkbd

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

cb101
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks, even those emails to postmaster@bigpond.com are failing when sending via Outlook. I have managed to send the details to postmaster via web mail.

Support Team
Support Team

Thank you for letting us know. This shall be addressed and investigated asap. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now