Highlighted
JPv3
Level 1: Cadet

Migrate bigpond e-mail from POP to IMAP

Answered

Dear Sir/Ma'am,     Good Afternoon.

I was looking through and found similiar questions but they were all last years.

Just wondering the current situation.

Am I still able to migrate my bigpond e-mail from POP to IMAP ??

I would like to apologize if this has been solved in another/passed threads.

Also not really great with tech, so if there is any one who could help me that would be great Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Hiro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Migrate bigpond e-mail from POP to IMAP

Hi Hiro, 

The status quo still hasn't changed.  The migration process from the BigPond platform to the Outlook.com platform has been halted and the recommencement date is still unknown.

If you want an IMAP email on the Outlook.com platform there are two things you can try:

1. You can create a new  mailbox/email address which will automatically be created on the IMAP Outlook.com platform.  Use this link: http://go.bigpond.com/services/email/additional-mailboxes/. You need to log in using your primary email address in order to create an new email address (this is free for up to 14 additional email addresses.)

2. You can call our accounts team on 132200 and discuss this with them, they may be able to help by seeing if they can move your existing mailbox/email address across using back end process.  This may take several days to be completed.

hope this helps

_ Ben 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Hiro, 

The status quo still hasn't changed.  The migration process from the BigPond platform to the Outlook.com platform has been halted and the recommencement date is still unknown.

If you want an IMAP email on the Outlook.com platform there are two things you can try:

1. You can create a new  mailbox/email address which will automatically be created on the IMAP Outlook.com platform.  Use this link: http://go.bigpond.com/services/email/additional-mailboxes/. You need to log in using your primary email address in order to create an new email address (this is free for up to 14 additional email addresses.)

2. You can call our accounts team on 132200 and discuss this with them, they may be able to help by seeing if they can move your existing mailbox/email address across using back end process.  This may take several days to be completed.

hope this helps

_ Ben 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

JPv3

Hi Ben,   Good Afternoon.

Thank you so much for your reply and kind assistance.

Well noted and will contact Telstra Accounts Team on 132200 and duscuss with them.

Have a great day Smiley Happy

Best Regards

Hiro

cazdazoz
Level 2: Rookie

I tried to call Telstra today on this matter and got the standard 'we cant do this" it is about our automatic process for our servers.  The old POP3 platform is seriously now getting old and not integratable with other more progressive email servers.  This is simple unacceptable that Telstra is forcing  you to change long standing email names instead of providing solutions..

Telstra doesnt deserve ANY of my money.  Advice - move into last century Telstra.

Frustrated.

cazdazoz

This is NOT a solution.  A solution is NOT to change my email address. 

Tomf

Absolutely right. Telstra attitude is Very Poor. It is not possible from a business point of view to simply say "change your email address".

This is particularly as there are hundreds of thousands of Pop 3 customers out there with iPads, iPhones Etc where IOS 9 has made Pop3 very problematic wit attachment downloads. Telstra must get their ect together and solve the problem for their army of loyal customers.

Brone_dalit

I have done this ie: logged in and created a new mailbox.

I recieved an email from Telstra that my application "has been delayed", and that you would be in contact with me shortly.

Its been 14 days, and I've had no contact!

Surely it cannot take this long?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Brone_dalit

So that we can get the best advice for you, I'll be forwarding your concerns to our Social Media Tech team so that they can touch base with you later in the day. 

Regards, 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Brone_dalit,

Sorry for the long delay Smiley Sad If you haven't heard from us yet then it's possible that the update was lost. Can you try logging into the new mailbox you created? Does it log in successfully?

Brodie

Brone_dalit

I've tried to log in, but it says user name does not exist. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If that's the case, give us a call on 133933. We can check out the email address on our end and find out what's happened. It should be functional by now.

Brodie

Brone_dalit

Thanks, will do. 

BAR369

I've contacted Telstra multiple times to update my accoung from POP to IMAP but keep getting told that it cannot be done. Paying a premium to be a Telstra customer, I expect to be kept up to date and serviced well. I keep being told that Telstra has technical difficulties with this process and are unable to resolve such after all these years. IMAP is hardly new technology anymore and it is very dissappointing that Telstra are not on top of this. Poor service in this space. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now