CrowdSupport®
Burg70
Level 1: Cadet

Migrating BigPond POP3 on Outlook 2007 to iMAP

Hi All,

A few years ago I migrated my old BigPond POP3 mail account across to iMAP using a backend tool the Telstra BigPond mail team provided to me at the time which was not a good experience, the reason being was I lost a lot of mail and folders which I never recovered. My wife is asking me to migrate her account and I am very hesitant as I do not want a repeat of what happened to me years ago. Is there a tried and proven method to successfully migrate an existing POP3 mail account to iMAP without the risk of losing folders and mail contained within those folders?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Migrating BigPond POP3 on Outlook 2007 to iMAP

If your using outlook 2007 just create a new account for the email address using the IMAP server settings. Make sure that "New Outlook data file" is selected for Delivery New Messages to. After the second account for the mail box has been set up you can drag all the messages and custom folders from the existing account to the new account. You can then safely delete the old POP3 email account from outlook.

Use the following server settings for new account.

Outlook_Imap_Account.JPGBigpond_Email.JPGOutgoing Server.JPG

Burg70
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Migrating BigPond POP3 on Outlook 2007 to iMAP

Thanks so much for the prompt reply cf4,

I'll give this a try and post my experience when complete. Much appreciated!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now