CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
wassa53
Level 1: Cadet

My outbound email is being blocked

Answered

My email was rejected by the big pond server as a spam message, all it contained were 4 url's. These were for torrent sites, what I want to know is why is big pond inspecting emails for content.  Anyone else had this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: My outbound email is being blocked

Big brother is out there!! All automated but logged. Torrent normally means illegal activities.

Is it only that emails you're having trouble with or all? It might be as simple as turning off the router for a bit to grab a new IP or if you think it's the torrent addy remove the http and the .com and see it works.

Cheers,
Dave

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Big brother is out there!! All automated but logged. Torrent normally means illegal activities.

Is it only that emails you're having trouble with or all? It might be as simple as turning off the router for a bit to grab a new IP or if you think it's the torrent addy remove the http and the .com and see it works.

Cheers,
Dave

wassa53
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Caaf for the reply, the only email blocked was the one with the torrent url's from about 10 emails with different url's I sent. Removed the HTTP and the email went through. It's a bit rude of bigpond to be doing this without letting people know. I think from now on I'll encrypt them.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now