Highlighted
Annamaria
Level 2: Rookie

No incoming mail to Outlook program on PC since account moved to outlook mail platform

Answered

In December, my bigpond mail account was moved to the outlook platform.

Since then, I have had to use outlook webmail to access new email as despite update my mail settings in Outlook installed on my PC, I haven't had any new mail in that inbox.

I have since bought a new PC and upgraded to windows7 and am using outlook 2007, all set up today. I have followed the directions on the bigpond site for email settings, but only email from May 2013 to December 2013 was downloaded.

This is becoming very frustrating as I have to use 2 methods to view my emails and address books.

Any ideas on how to get new mail (back to December 2013) to go to my Outlook program?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: i have tried the following incoming servers, as instructed in various telstra support pages and by email (none work), for email accounts that are on outlook platform:

mail.bigpond.com

pop3.live.com

pop-mail.outlook.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Annamaria
Accepted Solution

Re: No incoming mail to Outlook program on PC since account moved to outlook mail platform

Smiley Very HappyFIXED

This is the error message I was getting when trying to connect as POP3:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.  The server responded: -ERR This account has POP disabled. Go to the Outlook.com options page to enable POP.

Even though this was done back in December on the same day the account was moved to outlook, I logged in to outlook webmail to check and it was disabled. I changed it to enabled and tested again - incoming mail is now connecting and outlook is busy downloading 3 months of emails to my inbox.

But in all the experimenting I have now got the wrong outgoing mail server (possibly just the port) settings so I need to fix that again and all will be will.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Re: No incoming mail to Outlook program on PC since account moved to outlook mail platform

Can I add to that list..

I'm thinking you need IMAP setup..

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/accountsettings.htm#outlookcom-imap

Omit your email address where appropriate.

Fingers crossed

Cheers,
Dave

Annamaria

Hi Dave

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, I have already tried IMAP and it didn't work either. I got a different error message to previous attempts but it was unsuccessful at connecting to both the incomng and outgoing servers. 

Smiley Happy

Annamaria
Accepted Solution

Smiley Very HappyFIXED

This is the error message I was getting when trying to connect as POP3:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.  The server responded: -ERR This account has POP disabled. Go to the Outlook.com options page to enable POP.

Even though this was done back in December on the same day the account was moved to outlook, I logged in to outlook webmail to check and it was disabled. I changed it to enabled and tested again - incoming mail is now connecting and outlook is busy downloading 3 months of emails to my inbox.

But in all the experimenting I have now got the wrong outgoing mail server (possibly just the port) settings so I need to fix that again and all will be will.

Level 23: Superhero

Hey Annamaria,

Thanks for the update. Glad you're working though it and happy you're at least grabbing months worth of emails.

It seems you have you're finger on the pulse and will be back up and running again soon.

Cheers,
Dave

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now