CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
rockyzone
Level 1: Cadet

Not receiving emails on Outlook or Webmail!!

Answered

Hi all

I am now having the issue for approx 3 weeks, not receiving emails in my inbox on my desktop. This is Telstra webmail 'apparently an error has been detected and your mailbox may need to be repaired"

I have spoken with tech support with no avail, i have tried the troubleshooting solution not helping

I can send emails without problems, i can receive my emails on my Smartphone.

This is really annoying as i am a paying customer

Since this new webmail Telstra has installed it is basically CRAP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving emails on Outlook or Webmail!!

If you can still receive emails on smart phone then it is not a problem with Telstra Web Mail but your email client.

Have you checked to see if is set up correctly as per the link below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

If set up correctly try uninstalling and then reinstalling on your email client.

If that doesn't work and you are using outlook try using the outlook repair tool as per

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2534513/how-to-find-and-run-the-inbox-repair-tool-in-outloo...

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Accepted Solution

If you can still receive emails on smart phone then it is not a problem with Telstra Web Mail but your email client.

Have you checked to see if is set up correctly as per the link below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

If set up correctly try uninstalling and then reinstalling on your email client.

If that doesn't work and you are using outlook try using the outlook repair tool as per

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2534513/how-to-find-and-run-the-inbox-repair-tool-in-outloo...

View solution in original post

Elle-Gee

We modified email server settings to match Telstra settings and were still unable to receive emails. Its not until we ran a repair on the pst file, it then worked!
twilsoncrow

Can I ask how you repaired the pst file thanks

twilsoncrow

Should I be using pop or imap wit my @bigpond.com email.  Am reading different things on the forums.  I am able to send email via my computer can not read or receive them on the computer but can see and read them on my iphone and ipad.  Wish I had never loaded Windows 10.  Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We recommend using IMAP as it will allow multiple devices to sync with the copy stored on the server, including any personalised folders that you create. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now