Dweeb
Level 2: Rookie

OB703 unsolved & blocked IP

Answered

Hi crowd

I am experiencing this problem on MacMail.

I have been getting the below message on emails I try to send out - usually if the prefix to an email address is "info" "enquiry" or "admin" and sometimes to email addresses in my contacts eg one today to a friend with a link to an online store page which is not at all problematic. 

Sending the message content to the server failed.

The server response was: 5.7.1 5C46A8B429A464ED Message content rejected due to suspected spam. OB703

I joined Telstra Platinum to get help and have spend about 16-18 hours cumulatively with TP and with Apple and no one can fix it.   I have read all the previous and closed posts here with no help. 

I have SMTP authentication and the right ports etc. No fix.

Run Malwarebytes and nothing comes up.

Change IP addresses and unblock them if required and no fix. 

Another problem is that Telstra keeps giving me blocked IP addresses - WHY????? 

No one in telstra can fix this and im getting sick of it. Yes I can use webmail but that is not my preferred vehicle. 

Maybe someone out there can help please!!

so much to learn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: OB703 unsolved & blocked IP

That is the exact way to solve your problem. That mailbox is monitored by the email engineering team. If you're worried about the contents of an email, attempt to send one without anything sensitive and use it as the example.To be honest if you're getting that message for all emails, you only need to send 1 example but provides send dates/times for the others

There's always going to be people that have some form of infection on their devices that is going to flag an IP address, or has been flagged while knowingly sending spam. You may even have one as malwarebytes alone will not detect all forms of malware types and doesn't run full rootkit scans from what I remember

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

Telstra Platinum are not going to be able to resolve this

Send an email to postmaster@bigpond.com and include the following:

• Exact dates and times of when you tried to send the email. Preferably in the following format (dd-mm-yyyy) (hh:mm AEST).
  • Sending domain/email address
  • IP address at the time of attempt
  • The exact Bounce back message/s
  • A copy from the message that you have tried to send (including any signature and attachments)
  • Your contact details
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

Dweeb

Thanks Yastiandrie. I have seen that suggestion before. Frankly extremely time consuming and not helpful when you have about 6 emails you need to send to then have to do this 6 times. 

Secondly those emails have sensitive information which I do not wish to share with strangers. 

There are no odd characters nothing nefarious yet they won't go through. 

Surely there must be a better way to solve telstra customers problems. I have noted that this is ongoing for some years - and still ongoing and driving customers insane. 

so much to learn
Accepted Solution

That is the exact way to solve your problem. That mailbox is monitored by the email engineering team. If you're worried about the contents of an email, attempt to send one without anything sensitive and use it as the example.To be honest if you're getting that message for all emails, you only need to send 1 example but provides send dates/times for the others

There's always going to be people that have some form of infection on their devices that is going to flag an IP address, or has been flagged while knowingly sending spam. You may even have one as malwarebytes alone will not detect all forms of malware types and doesn't run full rootkit scans from what I remember

Dweeb

Hi Again

After not even being able to send the email to the postmaster on my macmail I did it through the webmail portal this morning. 

Given what has been for me a long standing frustration it was great that the team was right onto it. They did some tweaks and it seems to be working now. 

thanks so much. 

so much to learn

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now