CrowdSupport®
AJ4510
Level 1: Cadet

Outgoing Mail Server problem when sending from non Telstra ISP

Hi, I have a telstra business POP account with my own domain name (example@mydomain.co.au). Everything works fine from work with a telstra internet connection but when I try to send mail from home via another ISP I cannot send emails unless I change the outgoing mail server to the smtp server of that isp. While this works, it is quite fiddly and was hoping to find an easier solution. I have tried the recomended settings from the telstra website as per below.  Any help woud be great, THankssmto tes.JPG

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Outgoing Mail Server problem when sending from non Telstra ISP

Hi AJ4510,

Thanks for your post.

If you setup your outgoing server as https://tel.st/j6j6n on server port 465 with SSL and username/password authentication you should be able to send mail from whatever connection you are using.

Do you get a specific error message?

What device or email client are you using? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now