CrowdSupport®
heeled1
Level 1: Cadet

Recurring emails

I have recently moved to a DOT service and elected to keep my old email address. Now my emails keep downloading over and over again. I have gone on to the server and deleted them, but it makes no difference, the emails keep on coming even after they have been deleted. I now have thousands. Have spoken tho numerous people from telstra who have changed settings on my computers, but this still hasn't helped.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Recurring emails

Hi @heeled1

I have flagged this post so that our Technical Support Team can have a look at it when they are available during the week.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Recurring emails

Hi heeled1,

What are the settings that you have configured in your email program? I suspect that you are using POP settings.  With POP, if your mail program fails to successfully complete the send receive request, it will start again from the first email in that list.

Depending on the email program that you are using, you should be able to remove the tick within the Account Settings to prevent it from checking email.

I would then recommend that you configure a new account using IMAP which will synchronise multiple devices with the emails currently stored on the server. This includes all folders, even the personalised ones. 

You can find the current settings for BigPond mailboxes here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now