CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Fleur888
Level 1: Cadet

Sending group emails using BCC

Answered

I am using Telstra Mail Webmail, and I have a number of large groups in my contacts.

Can I send an email to these groups, using the bcc option, so as to hide their email addresses?

I am having trouble seeing this as an option!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Sending group emails using BCC

I am able to click on Bcc+ that appears after that and then select the group I have created in the contacts...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

That's the preferred and clever option. To use BCC, start new e-mail and then click on BCC on the far right side of the To: field to get BCC field (highlighted in yellow in the picture below)...

Capture.JPG

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Fleur888

Thank you. I get that far, but how do I insert the emails from my contact group? .... without typing them all in!

Accepted Solution

I am able to click on Bcc+ that appears after that and then select the group I have created in the contacts...

View solution in original post

Fleur888

Thank you. It now appears to be working. I was only getting my entire contact list before, and no groups! Who knows??

Glad to hear that... Personally, I hate this "new e-mail" system and I am redirecting everything to outlook.com... Don't think that IMAP is 2017 way of handling e-mail...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now