CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Setting up email on iPad

I have just setup a secondary BigPond email, but I have been unable to set up this account on my iPad. Do I use outlook.com as the setup profile? What are the specific settings I need?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Setting up email on iPad

Hey Bazman,

Not to sure which settings. if you're not using the addy now, logout then browse to this address http://bigpond.com/email-status hopefully it'll show a little insight.

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted

We are new users of Bigpond and also having trouble setting up our bigpond outlook address on iPad. We enter the details, choosing add outlook.com, but it tells us that it is the wrong password - although that is the password that accesses webmail.
Highlighted

Exactly the same problem - very annoying. I have exchange and gmail working fine, but keep getting an authentication error when trying to setup BigPond mail. Mail works ok via web.
Highlighted

yes me too same problem, has anyone managed to fix it ?
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All, 

We have identified an issue which is affecting some customers mailboxes on the Outlook.com mail platform, especially if the platform tool (http://bigpond.com/email-status) shows IMAP settings.  

Until a permanent fix is implemented, customers will need to:
  • click on the SkyDrive/OneDrive link at the top of the page
  • accept the terms and conditions
Once done, your email client should be able to access your emails with IMAP settings.

More information can be found here: Problems-with-sending-or-receiving-emails.

-BenD

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

That solution worked for us. Thank you!
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi APB79, 

That's great to hear!

Don't forget to click on the "Tag answers as Accepted Solution' link at the bottom of the post so others can find it easier.

Regards

-BenD

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

This worked for us after a couple of frustrating days. However we suggest that this instruction is added to the general instructions on the website which we were following ... And getting nowhere.
Highlighted

Having the issue where I cannot setup email on ipad,(actually doing this for wife's email). get the password error when the passowrd is ok.

logon to bigpond email and looking for but not seeing skydrive/one drive link or button? how do I authorise that?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Richgard,

Since Ben posted about the SkyDrive/OneDrive we've changed the settings of the emails, you no longer have to authorise it. 

How are you setting up the email? If you're on the new platform, you can select the Outlook.com option when adding the email in your settings.

Brodie

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit