CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Spam emails

Answered
For the last 2 days I have been receiving about 80 emails per day from Russia purporting to be from Mail Administrators etc. is there any way I can block these emails from my Inbox?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Spam emails

Try this with your iphone and see if it works;

With Apple Mail launched, select "Mail" at the top left corner and choose "Preferences." Select the "Rules" tab and then click "Add Rule." Enter the email address of the unwanted sender in the "From Contains" criteria -- you can also enter just the domain in this field if you prefer. Choose what you want Apple to do with any messages received from the sender -- for example, delete or forward them to a folder -- and then click "OK" to put the rule into effect.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Take a look at the following link and see if that might assist you in blocking the email addresses;

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/you-can-block-people-from-contacting-you-on-ios-7/

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Highlighted

DEANJA

Thanks for trying but this article really only deals with calls or messages coming to my phone no. Still doesn't explain how to block messages to my email address. It may be that there is no way to do it at the phone level.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Try this with your iphone and see if it works;

With Apple Mail launched, select "Mail" at the top left corner and choose "Preferences." Select the "Rules" tab and then click "Add Rule." Enter the email address of the unwanted sender in the "From Contains" criteria -- you can also enter just the domain in this field if you prefer. Choose what you want Apple to do with any messages received from the sender -- for example, delete or forward them to a folder -- and then click "OK" to put the rule into effect.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Jeff, hopefully this will stop the spam. I have also reported the sender to Bigpond. On the same topic, does sending spam to the junk folder do anything, as in send further emails from that person straight to junk in future?
Highlighted

I'm not certain with the Apple system on that point Sue. Obviously if you use the delete setting, they just don't appear. 

Choose what you want Apple to do with any messages received from the sender -- for example, delete or forward them to a folder -- and then click "OK" to put the rule into effect.

Highlighted

I have received an email saying "Your Classic version of BIGPOND is now closing.  You need to upgrade now." and signed by David Thodey Telstra, CEO.  is this spam???

Highlighted

Hi there MMission, that most certainly is spam or scammer email that has been doing the rounds for sometime.

DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN IT AND DELETE STRAIGHT AWAY.

Signature.gif

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit