Highlighted
COT_user
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTRA webmail Junk folder

How do I stop Telstra webmail moving mail to the Junk Folder?

I only access mail with Outlook Express on a Desktop computer and have found Telstra is moving some emails to a Junk folder in webmail and NOT sending them to my Outlook express.

Is this even legal?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: TELSTRA webmail Junk folder

Log into webmail via http://email.telstra.com and mark them as not junk and move them back to inbox if they dont move on their own. This will train the junk filtering system as well to stop sending them to the junk folder

here are the terms and conditions for the service:

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/consumer-advice/pdf/consumer/bp-part-k.pdf

essentially the software you use to access the service is your responsibility E.g third party mail client

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
COT_user

Thanks for the reply Yastiandrie, interesting reading.

I have dragged the messages into the inbox and Outlook now has them on my computer, but it looks like TELSTRA will continue to decide which emails it will allow me to get and which ones it will hide in the junk folder; as I don't use the webmail side of things.

By the way, one of these emails was from my Bank, it went to all customers.

Sounds like the TELSTRA I worked for for over 36 years...........

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey COT_user,

I am sorry for the poor experience. As Yastiandrie mentioned, if you are able to make a few changes via Webmail by marking the items as "Not Junk", this will train the filtering system to do this in future. 

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Sandra_888

I have just found my Telstra account in my Junk mail of my iPad. My May Telstra statement never arrived and I was charged a late fee for non-payment. It appears that is where my May statement must have gone into, my Junk mail. Please would anyone advise me where I start to look to stop this from happening?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Sandra_888

Apologies for any confusion you encountered 

To avoid your bill being delivered to the junk folder in future, the best thing to do would be to add us to the safe senders list & make sure that we are not on the block list

If you don’t pay your bill by the due date, we may restrict your services and apply a $15 late payment fee. Late Payment Fees apply to overdue balances of $70 or more and are applied as a flat $15 fee.

If you would like to discuss any account charges you've received, you can speak with us securely online via http://tel.st/hsc3 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Sandra_888

@ShannonD wrote:

Hi @Sandra_888

Apologies for any confusion you encountered 

To avoid your bill being delivered to the junk folder in future, the best thing to do would be to add us to the safe senders list & make sure that we are not on the block list

If you don’t pay your bill by the due date, we may restrict your services and apply a $15 late payment fee. Late Payment Fees apply to overdue balances of $70 or more and are applied as a flat $15 fee.

If you would like to discuss any account charges you've received, you can speak with us securely online via http://tel.st/hsc3 

Hi Shannon, 

Please tell me how to add Telstra to the Safe Senders List. Or is it a Configuration in the iPad?

Sandra_888

Sandra_888

I've just added Telstra as a Contact in my IPad, following guidelines on the net, this hopefully will solve the problem. Thank you for the quick response.
Support Team
Support Team

That's great to hear @Sandra_888

If you're using Bigpond email, you can also find the user guide here if you need in future

If there was a particular post that you found helpful, please mark the post as a solution, as this may help other customers in future.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

bramcm
Level 3: Gumshoe

It's not working for me.  Everyone with an Optus email address automatically goes to the Junk folder.  I have some of them listed as safe senders, but that still doesn't work, they still go to the Junk folder.  And I also mark them as safe to send them to the Inbox, but it's painful having to do that.

My last four Telstra bills also went to the Junk folder.  Yes, they are on my safe sender list, and yes, I mark them as safe to move them to the Inbox, but that still doesn't stop the server from sending them to Junk.

I would appreciate a solution to these problems from Telstra.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you tried adding *@optusnet.com.au & *@online.telstra.com to your safe senders list? 

You can do the same for the block senders list. 

Let me know how you go.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

bramcm

Thanks Shelly, I apologise for delay in responding.  Yes, the Optus email addresses are in my safe sender list.  So many of my regular emails from companies that I subscribe to, and from friends, are now also going there.  It's just not feasible that I have to list all of my friends, and companies etc, as a safe sender.  And really, that doesn't work, given that all optus email address are in the safe sender list, yet they still go to junk.  Something is awry with the Telstra server.  

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Bramcm

Were you using a configured email program / app or was your email primarily used in webmail?

If you have added the " *@optusnet.com.au " & " *@online.telstra.com " to the safe senders list yet they are still not landing in the inbox then this may be something that needs further escalation through the support team on 133933. 

- AlistairQWA

bramcm

Thanks Alistair.  I do use Outlook.  But since the new Telstra server was introduced I have had to use webmail, almost every day to manage the spam, and now the incorrect allocation of safe senders to the junk folder.   I will escalate through the support team. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now