CrowdSupport®
OzMerry
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Mail "remember username" option no longer remains checked

For some time (months), every time I log into Telstra Mail on my Windows 10 64-bit laptop, the "Remember username" checkbox is unchecked, even though I initially used to check it when logging on. I no longer bother checking it because the setting never holds. This occurs in the Firefox Release, Firefox Developer, Opera, Chrome and Microsoft Edge web browsers. This setting definitely used to work but I don't recall when exactly it stopped working.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Mail "remember username" option no longer remains checked

Hi OzMerry, 

Thanks for taking the time to advise of the issue you have noticed with the checkbox when logging in. 

Does this happen when using the link here: https://tel.st/f87ej for your Webmail as well as your Telstra My Account here: https://tel.st/xjafm also? 

Does your browser still hold your username and password despite the checkbox not being ticked? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

OzMerry

Hi, Ivan.

Sorry about the duplicate post. I clicked the wrong Reply button!

My current long-standing bookmark, which I've been using for years, where the "Remember username" option with the username field populated and the checkbox checked previously did used to hold:

https://tel.st/7pnug

The link you provided (which is the same but without the extra part after "2F"):

https://tel.st/fr8jq

I don't recall how I initially logged onto Telstra Mail when I first created my bookmark, but I most likely googled Telstra Mail (or whatever it was called back then) and used the search result link. I've rarely had reason to log into my Telstra Account. Note that I use my *email address removed* account to log into Telstra Mail, not my *email address removed* email address which is for the internet/broadband (I already had the merry account prior to signing up for broadband post-56K.

I tried logging into my Telstra My Account using the link you provided, and checked the "Remember me" checkbox, entered *email address removed, same as first example* into the Username field and entered my password. I then logged out of my Telstra My Account. I then logged back in and "Remember me" checkbox is checked and the username field is populated on the sign in page.

After logging out, I tried using the link you provided to Telstra Mail, and the "Remember me" checkbox is not checked and the username field is not populated.

I guess I could use my Telstra My Account to log in to Webmail since the username holds there, but that doesn't solve the issue of why the username doesn't hold on the Telstra Mail page (my bookmark and also the link you provided) when it definitely used to hold earlier this year.

"Does your browser still hold your username and password despite the checkbox not being ticked? " ---> No,why would it?  I also don't save any passwords in my default web browser (Firefox Developer).

Support Team
Support Team

Hi OzMerry,

Thanks for the detailed reply, I am sorry things aren't working like they normally do, that's always a pain.

Please note I've removed your email address's from your post to protect your identity, although they are still noted here at our end. 

As this enquiry is getting quite technical I would suggest following it up with our technical team, you can call them on 133933 or chat live on the following secure chat link  https://tel.st/4x96s (chat would be handy as you can copy & paste what you're written here to save you having to repeat yourself.

I do hope they are able to solve the mystery for you. 

Keep us posted.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

OzMerry

The dropdown list options at that link don't apply to this issue.

Support Team
Support Team

You do have quite a specific issue, I would say that choosing something like your net type & then 'fault' will get you through to the right tech area to help. 

Let me know if that does the trick.

Angela 

OzMerry

The chat service was a complete waste of my time. The person responding had no idea and the issue was according to him "outside my support boundary". I was asked if I wanted to progress the issue through Telstra Platinum. Is said no, because that's a paid service which I can't afford.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Well that's a shame, I'm sorry that you don't have an answer on this, maybe the crowd will reply with further advice -Angela 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now