CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra rDNS not updating correctly

We recently changed ISP and since then, we can no longer send emails to @bigpond or other Telstra addresses.

ALL OTHER domains work fine and rDNS is showing as correct on every other email provider. This error is specific to extmail.bigpond.com

26/10/2018 12:21:56 AM - Server at extmail.bigpond.com (203.36.137.234) returned '451 4.4.0 Target host responded with: "421 4.7.25 Temporarily rejected. Reverse DNS for REDACTED failed. IB108." Last endpoint attempted was 203.36.137.234:25'

I have seen previous threads that indicate that Telstra do not believe the issue is on their end, but literally every other domain is fine without rDNS issues. This can't be an issue on our end.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra rDNS not updating correctly

Have you sent the error report to postmaster@bigpond.com?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have not...I will do that now.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

How'd you get on with this, fstech? I'd like to know it's been appropriately addressed. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit