CrowdSupport®
M-M2
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra webmail slow

Answered

Over the past week or so my webmail has been really slow.

It hangs with " sending message" ," unable to complete request" or "request timed out".

Any ideas anyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra webmail slow

Hi M-M2, I trust this can be improved for you soon. If there are any known widespread problems with mail services these should be advised at https://tel.st/wv522 along with updates on the restoration time. While we're not able to access accounts via posts on these forums, our Tech teams on 133 933 or via the online chat service at  https://tel.st/ehyfz can investigate and assist further. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi M-M2, I trust this can be improved for you soon. If there are any known widespread problems with mail services these should be advised at https://tel.st/wv522 along with updates on the restoration time. While we're not able to access accounts via posts on these forums, our Tech teams on 133 933 or via the online chat service at  https://tel.st/ehyfz can investigate and assist further. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

michael641

I have been having similar issues with Webmail. Error messages appear whenever I have tried to 'reply' to emails so I then have to send them as 'new' and when I try to send an email with an attachment, or the platform has slow loading times, or, as has been the case on many occasions, not loading messages at all and therefore 'unable to retrieve' them. Judging by the number of past posts that I have read about Telstra's webmail service, its poor performance doesn't seem to be a unique issue. I would have thought for such a significant, national telecommunications business, its webmail platform would be of a much higher standard. Hopefully the service picks up...

M-M2

Hi Greg,

As of today, things are greatly improved.

Thanks for your input.

WellThereYouGo
Level 2: Rookie

It's getting worse, this is really poor quality from Telstra, please get your act together and fix  it, it has gone beyond ridicules!

Highlighted
morewrinkles
Level 2: Rookie

I have been on the phone with Telstra support regarding this problem, it is a nation wide problem, I have spoken to three techs at telstra and all have confirmed it is a problem they cannot fix just now but have time frame on when it might be fixed, this has been ongoing for three weeks now and today it has completely stopped working, the tech today advised they have no solution,  but to try and connect to outlook to receive your emails. I have great compassion for the staff having to deal with customers outraged at this problem and then no solution then, no time frame for a solution. I cant believe that there is no information anywhere about this outage, 3 weeks....................................................................., If there was an outage in any other company the headlines on the news would be huge, the other frustrating and really stressful thing about this is the reliance on our emails for work and no way to get your contact details to set up another email address to continue to communicate, I have very urgent issues on at the moment and can not contact anyone as its all in the bigpond system,I have no solution

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now