Highlighted
JenniK
Level 3: Gumshoe

Unable to send email

Answered

Installed Windows 10. Using windows live mail.

Can recieve emails but unable to send emails. the following error message appears

The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for '<Unknown>', please contact your email service provider.

Subject 'test'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.5.0 <> invalid address
Server: 'mail.bigpond.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JenniK
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to send email

Contacted 24/7 support today. Problem solved now able to send and recieve emails. Should have gone to 24/7 sooner.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello Jenni

I myself have not yet used Windows 10, so hopefully another in our team will assist you later.

If you can't get an answer here later,  as a last resort, you may wish to try one of the technical forums on whirlpool.net.au

Thank you

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
JenniK
Accepted Solution

Contacted 24/7 support today. Problem solved now able to send and recieve emails. Should have gone to 24/7 sooner.

Support Team
Support Team

Excellent. Great to hear your email is working.
-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Wendy02
Level 1: Cadet

Please help. I am unable to send emails from my bigpond account. Have not done anything different. The message that comes up says the server responded: 421nschwcmgwo7p bigpond outbound connection refused OB112. I have not changed anything prior to this message appearing. Many thanks

Buswell

Hi

Just curious as to how customer service solved the issue. We are having the same problem except we havent upgraded to windows 10 this issue has just decided to pop up.

Desperateagan

fails to never suprise me  to have, to have community support  to help us when we pay for a service with our  provider where there is  so little support i am sick  of waiting on telephone for hours for support but must add they do a good job by phone if we can speak without language  barriers. when phoning telstra bigpond the voice message said get online help, yeah that is non existing unless willing to pay for the service.,  am over bigpond & TElstra after 40 years.

CubanPete
Level 2: Rookie

I am unable to send some emails particularly those that have a  number of receipents and some attachments?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi CubanPete

Can you tell us more about this? In particular

- Which email platform you have with Telstra
- Any error messages
- Whether this is happening using Webmail or an Email Client

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

CubanPete

When I try to send it comes back with a message "unable to send and will be saved to the drafts folder"  I am using webmail and only happens to some messages.  also the other day was on the 26/7 support and they put me on the old webmail but I tried on that and the same response.

I noticed there is an outage in the albury area and wondering if that has something to do with it or the NBN.  I can access the internet and browse and ony have the problem when sending group emails?

thanks

Peter

CubanPete

not sure what you mean by "email platform"/ I Access emails via webmail.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi CubanPete,

After receiving that message, do you go into the draft folder and try to resend the email? Is it successful?

I suspect that the emails that aren't successfully sending because they are exceeding the limitations of the mail server which I will outline below.

• When using a mail client such as Outlook, the total size of file attachments should not exceed 10MB. 
  • When using Webmail or MyInbox, the total size of file attachments cannot exceed 7MB.
  • You must not send more than 20 emails during a period of 10 consecutive minutes or a single email to more than 20 recipients. 

- Shelly

CubanPete

Hi,

Yes I have gone into the drafts folder and tried to resend and the same occurs.  When I try through the firefox browser it gives me the message "unable to send and will be saved to the drafts folder" and when I try through the vivaldi browser it gives me a message "javascript from basic messaging bigpond.,com"?

Also I get the same message when attempting to fwd an email I have received to a group receipients?

the last time I was successful in sending a group message was on 1 August 2016 at 6.05pm and it had attached a word document(75kb); 2 jpeg photos (3mb&1mb) and was to about 70 reciepients?

so has there been a recent change to what you can send in a group email and number of receipients.  

thanks

Peter

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

How big are the attachments and how many recipients are on the emails that are not sending successfully?

- Shelly

CubanPete

Hi,

One group email has 76 receipients and a word document (26112) and 2 photos (946407 &1427644);  another has 19 receipients and 2 word documents (16889 & 37376)

Thanks

Peter

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Are there any shortened (for example: https://bitly.com/, https://goo.gl/, tinyurl.com, ow.ly/ etc )  links in the body of the emails?

- Shelly

CubanPete

No, its a similar emails I have been sending most of the time and only recently have had this porblem.  The operating system I am on is Linux.

thanks

Peter

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more