CrowdSupport®
Patf
Level 3: Gumshoe

WINDOWS LIVE PORT PROBLEMS, EMAILS DOWNLOAD INTO WINDOWS LIVE BUT ANSWER STAYS IN OUTBOX AND WONT GO

After I updated Windows 10 to the May 1903 version I had a small problem Windows Live connection to bigpond.com emails failed. I reconfigured it in POP3 by accident and has not problem answering and getting emails t o Windows Live, when I realised I'd not done it in IMAP, I reconfigured it again. I used the Telstra support instructions for configured the email account and the Port numbers as well and supposedly it worked until l try and answer the emails that is. I rang once and tried to explain to Telstra customer service it was useless she didn't know what I was talking about. Basically the Outgoing Port number isn't being accepted by the Windows Live account anymore and I suspect it has something to do with the windows 10 May 1903 update because before I updated the desktop to that version everything was working okay. It is to late to roll it back as it is past the 30 day limit. I also suspect this is why the mail account played up in the first place as it was a few weeks after that I lost everything in the first place. Can someone tell me what Port Numbers I can put in the Outgoing server box that will let the emails be answered via Windows live because Telstra support don't know what I'm talking about when I ring them. the current port number is 465 and when I go into the account that number is highlighted which I took too mean it doesn't like it and wants something else.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: WINDOWS LIVE PORT PROBLEMS, EMAILS DOWNLOAD INTO WINDOWS LIVE BUT ANSWER STAYS IN OUTBOX AND ...

Hi @Patf,

If Windows Live isn't working with any of the settings listed here: https://tel.st/pl5hg since the update, that will suggest an issue with the Windows Live Mail since the update and may only be fixed by Microsoft. Have you been able to contact Microsft to check into the issue? 

All email applications from phone apps to computer email programs should work with the listed settings. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Patf

Re: WINDOWS LIVE PORT PROBLEMS, EMAILS DOWNLOAD INTO WINDOWS LIVE BUT ANSWER STAYS IN OUTBOX AND ...

No I haven't because they want to charge me for the fix and I cant afford that. Also Telstra used to have 2 solutions for the port numbers depending on which version of Windows Live you are using mine is the 2012 version.

If I have to go back to using POP3 I will because at least that was working I was sending and receiving emails.

I also have discovered that the Telstra Postmaster is treating ALL my emails or some off them as SPAM because I am now getting error messages coming up when the emails try to go through and I cant even email them to ask why because it wont leave the Windows Live outbox.

I have a couple off more things to try and like I said if Telstra cant help I'll go back to POP3 which was working fine.

Patf

This isn't' a phone app this is on my desktop.

Patf

I have said before it is not a phone app it is Windows 10 on my desktop and for some reason my emails are now going through I did nothing didn't talk to Microsoft and haven't changed anything this morning what was in the Outbox actually got sent.

Given I didn't change anything I would say it is something to do with Telstra and their program.

Patf

I have already said it is NOT a phone app it is Windows 10 from my Desktop and this morning the emails in my Outbox actually got sent. I did nothing, did not change any settings, did not talk to Microsoft so it definitely wasn't a Microsoft issue I would say it was something to do Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now