CrowdSupport®
dj_4012
Level 1: Cadet

Webmail Junk Mail Filtering

The majority of my email messages (including email sent to myself) are being categorised as spam (shows in spam folder in webmail and replicated into junk folder in outlook). I have attempted training the system by repeatedly marking emails from known senders as "not spam". Selected mail is moved to inbox but subsequent mail from same sender is sent to spam.

Categorisation of mail within outlook as not junk does not work as the server is overuling. Similarly moving mail from junk to inbox at the client only works temporarily as the server reprocesses everything going to the inbox. This is obviously a bug in the filtering.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Webmail Junk Mail Filtering

You could always try making a rule on the webmail to move all emails to inbox then let outlook do the junk filtering
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

dj_4012
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks. The rule sorts of works but the rule definition tool is pretty basic I would need to set up dozens fo individual rules to get even the majority of my email into the inbox.

Could make a rule to just move all then let your email client such as outlook do the junk filtering for you.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now