Clem2
Level 2: Rookie

Webmail is being suspended (VPN causing it?)

Answered

Hi,
my Bigpond email keeps getting suspended (and it usually takes a week before anyone can figure out how to un-suspend it!).
I use a VPN on my PC (PIA - Private Internet Access) and I think it's when I forget the VPN is active and I access Webmail (or maybe just when I access Telstra.com.au) that's triggering it.
It's never a problem on my phone or using a mail-client like Thunderbird; just when I use the Telstra.com webmail tab.

Any ideas? Does this sound feasible?
Any ideas for a fix (except "don't use PIA when you access your webmail dummy!")
Thanks very much
Clem
PS. It takes a week to fix because it doesn't show as suspended in their front end so I always have to go through all the stupid password resetting and the "just wait 24hours and then try again" lies they hand you when they don't know what to do. Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Webmail is being suspended (VPN causing it?)

If the VPN is masking your location as being outside Australia your account will eventually be suspended and if people are using the VPN to send spam with the same IP it will cause your account to be suspended.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

If the VPN is masking your location as being outside Australia your account will eventually be suspended and if people are using the VPN to send spam with the same IP it will cause your account to be suspended.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Clem2
Level 2: Rookie

It'a set for Sydney instead of Brisbane but maybe possibly the spam thing. (Tho' I'd expect to receive some sort of advice or warning instead of instant suspension with no explanation)
Ta.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now