ZSD
Level 1: Cadet

Wondering if an email I received is genuine?

Answered

Received the following email and just wanting to confirm if its genuine. From: "Telstra Customer Service Team" <service.interruption@telstra.com> Date: 18 January 2019 at 3:07:25 PM AEDT Subject: Your broadband might be interrupted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Wondering if an email I received is genuine?

Hi,

Yes these emails are legitimate. They are sent automatically when an outage in your area has been detected that may interrupt your internet access.

But you say, my internet has been fine? What is this about.

Some issues may be transient; that is they only last for a very short period, so short you don't notice. Some issues may occur at night time due to planned works, which again may only last a few seconds. Sometimes an issue may arise that affects only a few within the specified area, or only a specific service type. While the system filters as best it can, it is not always correct.

Hence the "might" in the subject of the email.

You can ignore the emails if you wish, and if ever in doubt, simply delete them. You can check out any outages on the official homepage at any time: https://outages.telstra.com.au/

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Wondering if an email I received is genuine?

Hi,

Yes these emails are legitimate. They are sent automatically when an outage in your area has been detected that may interrupt your internet access.

But you say, my internet has been fine? What is this about.

Some issues may be transient; that is they only last for a very short period, so short you don't notice. Some issues may occur at night time due to planned works, which again may only last a few seconds. Sometimes an issue may arise that affects only a few within the specified area, or only a specific service type. While the system filters as best it can, it is not always correct.

Hence the "might" in the subject of the email.

You can ignore the emails if you wish, and if ever in doubt, simply delete them. You can check out any outages on the official homepage at any time: https://outages.telstra.com.au/

Thanks.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now