Level 2: Rookie

cant send email

Answered

what gives cant send anything on any device

anyone from telstra here one error msg

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'no email'
Server Error: 554
Server Response: 554 Connection refused. 124.179.227.151 is blacklisted in Spamhaus XBL List
Server: 'smtp.telstra.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: cant send email

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-and-or-BigPond-Email-KB/Why-is-my-email-being-blackli...

Telstra does not get informed if an address gets blacklisted, the same way that no other IP gets informed either, and the block itself is happening outside Telstra network.

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
MangDumeng
Level 9: Captain

Server Response: 554 Connection refused. 124.179.227.151 is blacklisted in Spamhaus XBL List

your IP address is blacklisted

billbo02

why would that? be was working fine until yesterday why would they do that and not notify me there been no unusual activity on my email

Spamhaus is a third party global company that monitors email traffic for suspicious activity. They monitor by IP address, not by email address. As such, they will not notify you by email

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

billbo02

it was Telstra issued me a blocked IP address yesterday when I rebooted my router. rebooted again new IP and all working How can Telstra drop the ball like this don't they check this before they root there customers around chasing there lack of checking things on there DHCP server
Accepted Solution

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-and-or-BigPond-Email-KB/Why-is-my-email-being-blackli...

Telstra does not get informed if an address gets blacklisted, the same way that no other IP gets informed either, and the block itself is happening outside Telstra network.

billbo02

thank you for you advise and I read and bookmarked that page for reference just incase for the next week

Thank You Yastiandrie

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more