Highlighted
river
Level 2: Rookie

email account is temporarily suspended

Answered
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble accessing my email account as Telstra claims that it's temporarily suspended. It's been 4 days since I've been able to access my emails. I've tried refreshing the page then it tells me that the account is under suspended. My phone account is in credit, I'm still a Telstra customer, I've looked for updates on the Telstra app but it doesn't need it. Please help as this is extremely frustrating.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: email account is temporarily suspended

Hi George_Jetson, 

Restoring a Compromised Mailbox

1. Update your internet security software and run an anti-virus scan on each device that can access this account
2. Contact Telstra on 132200 to reactivate your mailbox

When the mailbox has been reactivated, set a new password through My BigPond or My Account and update your gateway and email programs with the new password. The new password must not be similar to any password you have used before.

If you need help, contact Technical Support on 133933 or 24x7 Chat: http://tel.st/gq6m

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
42 REPLIES 42
Level 19: Deputy Director

Hi river, this sounds like its causing you issues, I would suggest that you call tech support directly to discuss this.

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so. "button"
George_Jetson
Level 3: Gumshoe

Dear Tech Support.

There appears to be a major problem with the Telstra Mail system and no-one on either 24x7 Chat nor business hours telephone support is able to help.

My primary email account is with Telstra. I rely on it to receive notification of deliveries of critical medicines and equipment to my Family. The last email I received was 2:25PM on Saturday 7th January 2017.

After successfully logging into the MyAccount 24x7 website, accessing Webmail generates the same error that others are seeing "Your email service is temporarily suspended. Try again later or contact support."

I contacted 24x7 chat. Email tech support "Rachel Abby" passed me to "Joseph" who said he couldn't help me and I should contact Contract Management during business hours.

I called Contract Management and after 25 minutes was told they would raise a job and I would get a call back within 24 to 48 hours.

Questions for Telstra Support:

Why do I need to be called back? Telstra suspended the Account without speaking with me, why not reactivate it without calling me? I won't complain if it just starts working again.

Why was the account temporarily suspended by Telstra?

Why was no notification of the suspension advised to my Telstra mobile?

Why can't anyone in Telstra Support (specifically 24x7) tell me why the account was suspended by Telstra?

Why can't 24x7 Support remove the account suspension?

Why can't Contract Management remove the suspension? 24x7 Support advised me they were the only area that can.

PLEASE for the sake of my and my Family's safety and security, JUST REACTIVATE my account. You have my full permission.

When this is all resolved, and given the large number of people having had the same issued over an extended period, could I please ask that Telstra explain what the issue is/was and set up processes to allow Customers to quickly have the issue resolved.

From Telstra's own marketing:

"Needless to say email has grown to become central to our lives and we know many of you count on us for a reliable and easy-to-use service."

Yes, we do.

Thanks for listening and here's hoping I'll be able to report good news soon.

George_Jetson
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi River. If it's any consolation you're not alone. There are lots of people with the same issue.

The recommendation to contact technical support hasn't helped me but if it helps you I'd be grateful for any advice you can give on how to have Telstra fix my account too.

Unfortunately I won't have any way of knowing if you reply to this message as notifications go to my (temporarily suspended) email address! I'm snookered.

Good luck folks.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi George_Jetson, 

Restoring a Compromised Mailbox

1. Update your internet security software and run an anti-virus scan on each device that can access this account
2. Contact Telstra on 132200 to reactivate your mailbox

When the mailbox has been reactivated, set a new password through My BigPond or My Account and update your gateway and email programs with the new password. The new password must not be similar to any password you have used before.

If you need help, contact Technical Support on 133933 or 24x7 Chat: http://tel.st/gq6m

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

AdamG2
Level 1: Cadet

Going through the same issues now. I have spent 3 hours on the phone to stores in Oz and call centres. Now on the live chat for the last 2 hours. The business dept. have some idea, but if it is a personal email, they palm you off to the consumer chat. Telstra rep has said that we need to reactivate the account! No idea why it was deactivated to begin with.

Joz22

Suspended email address due to spam

I have just spent 2 hours on the phone to Telstra support AND technical support (from an overseas mobile) trying to get my email account, which has been suspended due to a large amount of spam (over 300 in 3 days).  Not one of the 3 consultants could assist me ... they tried but it was pointless in the end. 

I have an old Telstra email (ie @telstra.com) which seemed to be the block.  One consultant suggested I wait 2 to 5 days, as I will be "migrated" to the new @bigpond  domain.  The other 2 suggested this Crowdsupport.   I am at a loss - I am overseas, cannot get to a store, have spent $100 on the phone calls and have no result.  I also have no way of receiving emails which is causing me some difficulties with communication back in Australia.

If anyone has ANY idea what alternatives I have, it would be greatly appreciated.  I called both the support and tehnical support numbers to no avail.

WOKO60

I fully understand what you are saying.  At no fault of mine, I find today that my email accounts has been suspended.  mainly because teltra said its been "compromised".  Define compromised and who is at fault.

First fix through telstra (Australia) took them one hour to fix.  Worked for 10 mins and did same.  Rang again and guess what. The operator wanted to pass me on to techinal support at a cost of $125.00 to be added to my next bill.  What a joke.  

The account is still supended and I am struggle now to get it activated again. I've been a telatra customer for 30 years.  No loyalty with this mob.  Where to next??

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Suspended email address due to spam

@WOKO60 - When your account has been compromised, it is suspended to prevent any further spam emails from being sent from your BigPond mailbox. It does not mean that we believe you personally are actively sending spam, but we have determined that your mailbox is a source of spam. This is most commonly due to virus/trojan activity or because someone has figured out your password.

We ask customers to update their internet security software and perform a thorough scan of each device that accesses your BigPond mailbox. Once this has been done, the consultant will perform a password reset.  We ask customers to change the password to something completely different to any previously used passwords. 

f the network continues to detect spam-like activity, your account will be suspended again immediately. 

As they were able to activate your mailbox for a short time before immediately being suspended again, it sounds like there is virus/trojan activity on at least one of your devices or your password has been compromised.

I also suggest customers check the settings in Webmail and the email programs to make sure that there are no unexpected email forwarding or reply to addresses configured.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Yabadabadoo

So Shelley, Ive been through all the same hoops that the previous posters have reported and I too still cannot:-

A. find the correct person to talk to even after replying to the Telstra robots pointless questions about type of internet connection.

B. Having spent 4 hours being passed around with the result that each of the seven people I spoke to put me on hold because they couldn't help and then they hung up.

C. Find information relevant to having my mailbox reinstated. or contact details that will actually connect me to a person that knows something about suspended or reinstatement of an account.

I've had this account for around 20 years so it is well known around my business associates etc. I havent recived an email since the 11 February. This is not good for my business and if its not fixed soon it wont be good for Telstra's either. I'll be forced to consider my options.

Thanks for your time.

sooshie22

Over 4 hours on the phone over 3 days, told suspended email account is to be reset. Reset twice, password changed, email not fixed, someone will call me back tomorrow - again.

Why is there no fix for this?! This issue is common on crowd support. I have no viruses, no trojans and good security. And no email. This is unacceptable.

Your posted solution is not a solution as it doesn't fix the problem.

My only solution is to phone yet again, wait on hold for 45 minutes yet again, go through the explanation yet again, to be told someone will call me tomorrow yet again. And so I have to wait at home all day for you to call me back, yet again, with no fix, yet again.

I can't have it escalated as level 2 tech support ends at 10pm EST (it was 920pm WST). Telstra calls me at 5am WST today but no message left or ability to call them back. Phone support number again. Issue not resolved - again. Someone will call you back today.

Arty1

Well Shelly,

since your system is so good why can't it figure out that in most cases our email accounts haven't been compromised at all, there is no Trojan or Virus but that we are just the victims of backscatter, whereby someone has plugged in our email address as the return address for undeliverable spam emails.

surely if the robot can assess that the particular account is receiving lots of returned spam emails it could check to see whether the original spam is actually being sent from the "compromised" address before suspending the account. 

It seems to me that Telsta are quick to take our money for such a lousy service but reluctant to think outside the box to make it better for customers. As a shareholder and customers of Telstra for over 40 years I will be changing all of my emails over to a new provider once I am able to in my area, which I currently can't unfortunately.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Arty1

The scripts used are designed to detect compromised accounts only and eliminate back scatter so that it doesn't produce a false positive. 

Mailboxes can be compromised in two ways, which includes viruses, trojans and malware. This is why we ask customers to scan their devices before we reset the password. We recommend that customers personalise the password to something not previously used.  This would result in spam being sent from your devices.

If a third party has been able to access your password details and you change the password back to what it originally was, they will continue to send emails from your mailbox which triggers the suspension again. In this case, spam is being sent from devices other than your own but using your account details.

Third parties can get your passwords in a number of ways such as: 

- phishing emails

- key loggers

- use of simple passwords eg: abc123 or Telstra1 

This is why it is important to do both steps, to scan all devices that you use to access your BigPond mailbox and to change the password to something completely different to any that you have previously used.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Arty1

All well and good Shelly, but surely the system can be upgraded to check whether my account is the source of the spam emails in the first place, which is why I would be receiving the Non Delivered Email traffic that is causing the bot to suspend my account continually, rather than just suspending it arbitrarily.

I know my account hasn't been compromised and I am just the victim of backscatter, but it does appear that it seems easier for Telstra to detect the quantity of Undelivered Mail Admin emails I am receiving and make an arbitrary decision to "protect" me by suspending my account, without first checking the level of outgoing activity from my account to understand whether I am the source or not.

In all my calls to reinstate my account nobody has even bothered to check the level of outgoing activity on my account to show that IT ISN'T MY ACCOUNT SENDING THE EMAILS, I am just the victim receiving the backscatter and then I become even more of a victim, because Telstra suspends my account.   

Anyway you acknowledge "In this case spam is being sent from devices other than your own, but using your account details", but failing to seemingly accept that they don't need my account details, my password or anything remotely private, all they need is to use my email address as the return address to cause this to happen.

Telstra should be pinging the orginal senders emails and registering the abuse with the applicable ISPs around the world, but since you don't it does seem that there is a potential conflict of interest about stopping this excessive and annoying traffic. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

It is because the spam is coming from your BigPond mailbox that suspend the account. 

Just to be clear, setting your email as the reply to address is not enough to trigger the suspension on your mailbox. 

Only if emails are actually being sent using your BigPond mailbox login details - whether through virus activities or a 3rd party has acquired your password - will your account become suspended.

- Shelly

Arty1

Hi Shelly,

I cannot unfortunately believe what you say about the spam coming from my Bigpond mailbox is the reason that the account is suspended. I agree that someone setting my email address as a return address is not the reason I was suspended and that is not what I said. I said my account was suspended because I was receiving a lot of returned emails with the subject Mail Administration - Undelivered etc., which were the result of obviously many thousands of automatically created email addresses being spammed and me receiving all the bounce backs that didn't get delivered, because someone had forged my email address on the From line of the email spam. That's why my account appears compromised to your bot and as far as I can ascertain it is a simple trick used by spammers that doesn't require a high level of tech skill to do.

Now you say that "It is because the spam is coming from your BigPond mailbox that suspend the account" HOWEVER if this were the case I would expect that my internet uploads would be greatly increased to show the massive level of addresses being supposedly spammed by my email account. I am sure that a spammer selling "blue tablets" or other spurious wares wouldn't bother to hack my account to send out only a few hundred emails each day and since I am receiving as many as a few hundered backscatters each day, one assumes that the spammer is sending out spam constantly so why doesn't it show in my useage details if it is coming from my account? 

I have checked the useage of my Internet for the last 2 months and the level of Upload from my account is minimal and steady by day. I have uploaded around 2gb this month and last month it was approx. the same with most days being approx. the same, except weekends when there is little or no traffic out. Surely if I was sending out spam or it was coming from my email account there would be a noticeable increase in my outbound traffic - there isn't so explain to me why the bot is detecting that the email spam is coming from my account.   

https://luxsci.com/blog/bounce-back-backscatter-spam-who-stole-my-email-address.html

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I want to clarify that when I refer to the spam coming from your account, this is relating spam being sent from your BigPond mailbox.  This is not necessarily being generated from your home internet service or even from your computer.  

To be more direct about it, someone (or many someones) has acquired your BigPond username & password and have configured your mailbox settings on their computer/s so that they can send email using your mailbox.

This is why password security is so important and why it is important to change your password to something completely different after your account has been compromised.

When your mailbox has been compromised, they have access to all of the information that has been sent and received by you. 

There are several articles out there about what to do after someone has compromised your email account. They include the steps that we have already discussed as well as:

- Letting your contacts know that your mailbox had been compromised so that they can monitor their services;

- Change your passwords and secret questions for other services (Facebook, etc) that you use your BigPond mailbox for log ins. 

How to confirm if these emails are generated due to back scatter or a compromised account

Access the header information that is contained in one of the emails from postmaster@bpe.nexus.telstra.com.au. 

Towards the bottom you will see something like the example below. I have put the key lines in Bold.

We can see from this information that it was sent from 103.225.x.x IP address, and authenticated using your BigPond mailbox.

Backscatter, where they are only using your mailbox as their reply to address will not contain the lines showing that it was authenticated.

Received: from smtp.telstra.com ([10.10.24.4])
          by nsstlfep08p-svc.bpe.nexus.telstra.com.au with ESMTP
          id <20170221165723.VUEC26733.nsstlfep08p-svc.bpe.nexus.telstra.com.au@smtp.telstra.com>
          for <someone@aol.com>; Wed, 22 Feb 2017 03:57:23 +1100
Received: from localhost (103.225.x.x) by smtp.telstra.com (9.0.019.11-1) (authenticated as yourname@bigpond.com)
       id 58208632134X5260 for someone@aol.com; Wed, 22 Feb 2017 03:57:23 +1100

X-Authentication-Info: Submitted using ID yourname@bigpond.com

- Shelly

Arty1

Hi Shelly,

So this is what it showed in a recently received Mail Admin email. Does this show that my account was compromised?

Reporting-MTA: dns; nsstlfep16p.bpe.nexus.telstra.com.au
Arrival-Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 11:41:31 +1100
Received-From-MTA: dns; smtp.telstra.com (10.10.24.4)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <edited@bigpond.com>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; smtp.bpmx8 (61.9.189.122)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 <edited@bigpond.com> recipient rejected. IB603a

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The example that I provided is in the section below what you posted.

- Shelly

Arty1

Hi Shelly,

Yes I know that there was an example there, but this was what was on the header from my most recently received backscatter and I was asking whether it was anything like you suggested it would be to have meant they had hijacked my account. As far as i can see it doesn't look anything like what you said it would to suggest that "they" had access to my account or password and were using it, so I am still convinced that my account hasnt been accessed and that the Telstra bot suspended my account due to the large amount of returned (backscatter) i was receiving and not because i was compromised and my account was sending out spam.

I am also still at a loss as to why, if they were spamming through my email address and bigpond account, that the activity wouldn't be showing in my uploading levels being much much higher than normal from the apparently thousands of additional emails they would have sent, as small as each may be.

A simple yes that what i cut and pasted is indicative of being hacked or hijacked and an answer to why my activity levels haven't been extremely increased would be good, because so far i am not convinced that you are correct....sorry.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sorry, it is clear that my last response wasn't clear. In the email that you received, it should contain more information than what you provided. The example that I has previously posted would appear further down in that postmaster email.

- Shelly

Arty1

There was nothing further down in the file attached to the email which i cut and pasted in my last response called detail.txt and the only other info was on the main email - note i have x'ed out the addressee before cutting and pasting it below.  

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.

The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <xxxxxx@bigpond.com>

Reason:   5.1.1 <xxxxxx@bigpond.com> recipient rejected. IB603a

Please reply to <Postmaster@bigpond.com> if you feel this message to be in error.

There was also another attachment which was the original spam email which i have cut and pasted below as well.

Prices are in knockout! Blue Super Active caps are waiting for you.

===================================================

Click OR CopyPaste >> https://iop.li/Nyq

Personal Bonus Coupon Code => Winter17

===================================================

So effectively there was no mention of my address in the spam, whcih takes me back to what i first proposed.

Am i looking in th wrong place?  I don't think so and i cant find anywhere else where  there may be more transmission information.  

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Again I apologise. To view the information you will need to go into the header information. 

To access this information via webmail, you will need to open the email in question, select More and then View Source. 

You will find a lot more information broken up into sections with ================

In the examples that I am looking at, it is in the last section that you should see information similar to my original example.

Let me know how you go.

- Shelly

Arty1

Unfortunately there are no such emails in my webmail at the moment as I am using POP and i've downloaded all emails, including all Mail Admin emails which are few and far between at the moment as normally happens once theyve exhausted their address book.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

You can get the information even after you have downloaded it. If you do a web search for: view header information on <insert email program> you should find the steps suitable for your app.

If you are using Outlook, this link may help

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/View-e-mail-message-headers-cd039382-dc6e-4264-ac74-c048563...

- Shelly

Arty1

Hi Shelly,

As harvested from Outlook as per your instructions.

Return-Path: <>
To: edited@bigpond.com
Reply-To: <Postmaster@bigpond.com>
Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail with Subject: Discount 44% Now
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 11:41:31 +1100
Message-ID: <20170301004131.DXLP8569.nsstlfep16p-svc.bpe.nexus.telstra.com.au@nsstlfep16p-svc>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/report;
  report-type=delivery-status;
  Boundary="===========================_ _= 6723219(8569)1488328891"
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 170228-2, 01-03-2017), Inbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

There was still no further information that looked like what you were expecting. the Return Path is mine of course but they have successfully been able to hide the source.  

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can you send me one of those emails as an attachment? I sent you a private message with some details.

- Shelly

Arty1

Done. Have sent the email to as requested.

Unfortunately its the only one i have as i had deleted all the others from my Junk mail. Hope its sufficient.  

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

In Outlook if you:

- open the email in question;

- click on the File tab in the top left hand corner;

- Click on the Property tile;

it should open up a new Properties window. At the bottom of this will be a window for Internet headers. 

This contains the full header information.  You can highlight and copy the text and paste it into a notepad or document for easy reading.

As you only have the one example it is hard to say if it was all back scatter or not. 

If you notice hundreds of emails appear again, the above steps should help you to look into this further.

- Shelly

Commett

Just wondering if you ever had this resolved? I am on my 5th day now of being unable to access my email account and have spent over 8 hours on the phone and through live chat. If you could point me in the direction you went in IF you have this resolved I would greatly appreciate it

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Commett, 

Have you been advised if your email has been suspended due to a spam concern? 

peawea76

i a just one of many who are suspended (for the 2nd time in weeks). this should be telstra's problem & solution, not the customers. I believe since nbn has come along, it has something to do with that as nothing but trouble since nbn. telstra should once & for all fix the problems instead of leaving it to the customers. we pay a high premium for this **bleep** service. thankyou maree
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Maree,

I have responded to your other post in relation to the same matter, please refer;

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-and-or-BigPond-Email/Email-Account-Suspended/m-p/6738...

peawea76

hello, I got the same treatment, have been with telstra for over 20 yrs. I was offered Platinum Service for $15 monthly. I declined, had it before, not worth the money. THIS IS TELSTRA's problem & they need to fix it, not put in onto the customers. why don't they just admit it & FIX IT {Maree)
Jssmith9

Look tech support. This issue seems to be ongoing, your advice is getting people nowhere. We are all trying what you have advised and there is still issues. The problem seems to be with Telstra. How about you try and fix from your end. We are all sick to death with this problem. What a great PR option this is for customers to go to other carriers.

Unhappy.

RMC1956

i am another exa,ple of this UNAAOUNCED suspension of my email account.today.

No notification from Telstra.

Four different phone calls, 4 different people heard my same story, 4 different stories back from telstra as to what has happened and when it will be fixed ("15 min" "1 hour", "tomorrow"). All promised to call back, only one did once. All send this text to my mobile with a link "to contact me back" - the links do not work "there is a problem - try again later!"

Same email address for 20 years.

NO HELP FROM TELSTRA.

THIS IS A TELSTRA PROBLEM

- AT LEAST EXPLAIN WHAT HAS HAPPENED

- AT LEAST TELL US ACCUATELY WHEN WE CAN GET OUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS BACK

My business is now sufferring - who only knows what improtant emails are locked up by Telstra.

RESOLUTIONS - EXPECT A PHONE CALL IN THE MORNING

A VERY UNHAPPY BIGPOND EMAIL CUSTOMER!!!!

CHRISC001

Hi Renee, When is Telstra going to do something about this ridiculous support sytem they have in place. I am trying to get a Webmail address unsuspended (xxxxxx@telstra.com) address. Ikeep getting put through to areas that have no idea about webmail. 

DavidhW

I have seen the trail below. Whilst it is a few years since I had the dreaded Telstra email account temporarily suspended, I know how frustrating this is. I have just got into Vietnam and within a few hours, the dreaded message came through. Whilst I am not staying in a 5 star hotel, I am in a good 4 star hotel and there should be no issue, but clearly there is. Having worked through the duck-shoving and held my ground, my line then dropped out and I have been unable to contact Telstra again. Calls from my Telstra Mobile to StayConnected Care (why did I pay the extra money for that?) are met with a message that currently unable to get through or this number is not recognised. When I resorted to my Vietnam mobile, I could get through, but was informed that they were closed for the night!!!

I have followed all instructions, run all virus scans, changed the password, but still no go. I cannot even get to my account through webmail.

Telstra better have a good answer in the morning! This is my business email and I am in the middle of things but have no email access thanks to Telstra.

DavidhW

Tommy

You need to correct your post as your live chat line does not operate 24/7. It is currently closed until the morning, which appears to be standard practice

macca4365

Telstra would have to be the most hated business in Australia.   My email account has been suspended, I did as per the instructions online an ran security scans and updates.  Contacted the nominated phone number and low and behold it was an automated suspension which no human being can override for two hours i'm told, lol, am expecting not to have any access for days.   I would appreciate at least the courtesy of being told why my account was suspended and when I will be re-imbursed for the over the top pricing I pay for a poor service.

sdefdggdfsgfdsg

I am having email issues where after sending 2 emails your account gets suspended.
Happened 6 times now over last month and I have done nothing different.  Every time you call spend over an hour to get though you find a different excuse lost emails for a whole weekend because the only people who can fix is billing and accounts which open weekdays
I have lodged a TIO complaint and as today the lady said sorry I can't help you see if it fixes it self back up i have check 3 computers all showing suspended but lady says it not here is the email I got when I sent via gmail

Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxxx@bigpond.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; extmail.bigpond.com. (203.36.137.234, the server for the
domain bigpond.com.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 <xxxx@bigpond.com> recipient rejected. Mailbox suspended. IB603b
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 01:03:15 -0800 (PST)
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi sdefdggdfsgfdsg,

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. If your account has been suspended then you will need to contact our team on 13 22 00 so that your password can be reset and suspension lifted.

A suspended email address occurs for four main reasons;

1. Late payment of account
  2. Compromised email address
  3. No usage greater than 180 days
  4. No longer a Telstra customer

If your email address was suspended because it was a compromised email address, I can’t stress enough how important it is that you DON'T change your password back to what it was originally. As this could lead to it being compromised again.   

When you change your password please change it to something completely different to any password that you've used previously, and at least 10 characters long.

You'll also need to update your internet security program on all computers/devices that access your BigPond email address and run a virus scan, in order to remove any malware or virus activity that may have caused your suspension.

sdefdggdfsgfdsg

Thanks Kenobi as stated after 1hr on phone and doing the above and you saying it's not suspended and finally giving up saying I can't help u anymore what a joke

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now