CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
wilsonmex4
Level 2: Rookie

email forwarding with old myinbox accounts (not outlook.com accounts)

Answered

Hi there 

I have followed telstra online instructions on how to set up email forwarding with old "MY INBOX" accounts. 

BUt I just cannot get it to work - I dont want to keep a message on the server so I am not ticking the box as set below but it just keeps ticking the box again after I click save 

Does email forwarding via this method take 72 hours to be active? 

Regards

Steve

as per below from :

http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/set-up-email-forwardingHow do I set up email forwarding?

If your inbox is called Outlook.com or Hotmail

Login to webmail through BigPond or MyAccount on telstra.com.  Then from your Inbox, select the Options wheel on the top right hand side of the inbox.  Select ‘Options'. Then under ‘Managing your Account' select ‘Email Forwarding'.

Enter your forwarding address (you can opt to keep a copy of forwarded mail in your inbox). Then hit ‘Save'.

If your inbox is called MyInbox

1. Log in to MyInbox.
  2. Select Settings then select Messages. Fill in the details under Mail forwarding. Click on Save.
Note: If you want a copy of the forwarded email to be kept in your Telstra mailbox, scroll up the page and tick the box next to 'Always include as quoted text at the bottom of the message'

We recommend that you test your forwarding once you've set it up. To test:
  1. Send a test email to your email address.
  2. Wait a minute or two, then check your forwarding email address to see if your test email is there.
  3. If it hasn't arrived, you'll need to double check that the email address you entered when setting up your email forwarding is entered correctly.
Notes:
  • Customers who connect a new Telstra service and provide us with a preferred email address in sign-up, will automatically have email forwarding set up to that address when they connect their account.
  • If you have Telstra Pre-Paid access and it expires, then any forwarding details you specify will be deactivated until you top-up your account.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: email forwarding with old myinbox accounts (not outlook.com accounts)

Hi Wilson, we are talking Outlook.com here, and the page as per the pic below. When I open the page and try it, I've changed the blank opened page settings from Don't forward to forward, enter the other email address I want to forward to, and just left the keep a copy box blank, and it's all worked fine. 

Forward.png

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
wilsonmex4
Accepted Solution

Hi Jeff
Thanks for replying - yep I have used that one for my outlook.com but unfortunately my other 8 email addresses havent migrated to outlook.com as yet.. Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi Wilson, we are talking Outlook.com here, and the page as per the pic below. When I open the page and try it, I've changed the blank opened page settings from Don't forward to forward, enter the other email address I want to forward to, and just left the keep a copy box blank, and it's all worked fine. 

Forward.png

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
wilsonmex4
Accepted Solution

Hi Jeff
Thanks for replying - yep I have used that one for my outlook.com but unfortunately my other 8 email addresses havent migrated to outlook.com as yet.. Cheers
wilsonmex4

I have just found the link to request email addresses be transferred to outlook.com ...

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now