CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

iphone 5 storage full - Bigpond Email

Hi there, I have an iphone 5 and the storage is full. When checking on the iphone it says I have 2.64gb in mail (Bigpond). On the home PC I have a bunch of folders which I assume is filling up the iphone. Can I turn off the folders from the iphone and only have them visible on the PC and therefore reduce the Storage used data on my phone? Alternatively can I archive my email on Bigpond somehow so the mail can't be seen by the phone? As an aside ZI can't actually see or access the email folders on the phone but assume they are tucked away somewhere. fyi v 10.3.3 16GB Iphone 5 Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: iphone 5 storage full - Bigpond Email

Can you confirm if your computer and iPhone are configured to access your BigPond email using POP or IMAP?

We recommend using IMAP which will synchronise all devices with the copy that is on the server (webmail) however mobile and tablet devices typically only synchronise the last 30 days of emails and you can sent the deleted folder to empty after a week instead of a month.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Shellock,

The webmail is accessed through Internet Explorer on the PC.

On the iphone I can't find either a POP or IMAP setting anywhere.

It does however have a heading under mail for "Pop Account Information"

Should I delete the account and set it up again using imap? If so what settings should I use?

Thanks again for your help.

Paul

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you delete the POP account, it will delete all of the emails linked to that account.  Below is the settings to configure your device with IMAP

IMAP settings for Telstra Mail™

IMAP is the recommended setting for Telstra Mail customers

Account type

• Account type: IMAP

Incoming server details

• Incoming server address: imap.telstra.com
  • Incoming server port: 993
  • Encrypted connection: SSL

Outgoing server details

• Outgoing server address: smtp.telstra.com
  • Outgoing server port: 465 (recommended) or 587
  • SMTP authentication: On
  • Encrypted connection: SSL/TLS on port 465 (recommended) or STARTTLS on port 587

Username & Password

• Enter your full email address (ending in ‘@bigpond.com’, ‘@bigpond.net.au’ or ‘@telstra.com’)
  • Enter your Telstra email account password (case sensitive)

Other settings to check

• Ensure the checkbox is ticked for ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit