CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
loccem
Level 2: Rookie

office 365 and Bigpond email

Hi all

I am trying to setup a clients Laptop, with office 365. I get an error telling me that this is a reserved domain, therefore can not continue.

as of writing this i have been on-hold to Tech support 57mins and 15 secs, (thank god i am not a bigpond customer), but i am sure that they will answer soon Smiley Sad

so i have come here in some sort of hope that i can get help from the 'Community' as i am sure i am NOT the only person that has come across this.

is there someone here that can at least point me in the correct direction, if not solve my issue.

hopefully Smiley Happy

ok 1h 5'' i have to hang up cos i can not wait around on the support guys all day....... seeing the message told me that the wait time would be 20 mins.... think i have given them long enough.......

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: office 365 and Bigpond email

Hi loccem, 

Have you had any luck in getting this sorted? 

Is the email client being used for the BigPond Mailbox Outlook? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

CandiceBeckitt
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

I am having the same issue, I am trying to use Office 365 with my @bigpond.com email address but it says it is a reserved domain, do you know how I can link my bigpond email with Office 365?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi CandiceBeckitt

Try the instructions provided by Microsoft's support site, this may be what you are looking for.

support.office.com Connect-email-accounts-in-Outlook-on-the-web-Office

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now