CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

pop3 setup outlook 2010 telstra one works other account same settings exactly doesnt new post

I have five email accounts all pop 3.  I have to use pop 3 because I don't like to make changes from one device to another.  I have two identical @bigpond.com accounts.  One works perfectly one doesn't.  I use the settings provided by Telstra.  I have done it over and over again but it will not work on the second account.  One of my pop3 is the old BIGPOND style which runs on different settings but both the new ones are identical in every way.  the error says something about internal problem with the server. 

pop.telstra.com

smtp.Telstra.com

ssl

are the settings I am using.  I have tried all the other variations.  I have tried increasing the timeout.

please help me I am going mad.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: pop3 setup outlook 2010 telstra one works other account same settings exactly doesnt new post

Hi nina5, 

Are you able to provide us with the exact error message so we can diagnose the issue please?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit