CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JM14
Level 1: Cadet

received strange emails - scam email?

Answered

Hi, I have recently received an email with the subject line:This refund bill number: 0955163833‏.  It appears to be a fake, referencing a different account number to my own.

Has there been other cases of this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: received strange emails - scam email?

Good afternoon JM, and good to see that you are being cautious about these dam things.

Yes that's been doing the round of late, but it's as the old saying goes "An oldy but a BADDY".

Scam yes, delete it yes, and certainly don't respond to it or click any links in it.

You might find the following link about these things of interest: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/manage/phishing-or-hoax-email-scams

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Good afternoon JM, and good to see that you are being cautious about these dam things.

Yes that's been doing the round of late, but it's as the old saying goes "An oldy but a BADDY".

Scam yes, delete it yes, and certainly don't respond to it or click any links in it.

You might find the following link about these things of interest: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/manage/phishing-or-hoax-email-scams

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
JM14
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, thanks for the info and advice. Very helpful. :-)

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now