CrowdSupport®
Iwasconed
Level 4: Private Eye

retrieve email password

Answered

I have a bigpond account and set up a email account for my wife.Her pc died now on a new one.She can not remember email password. How do I get the password retrieved. I have tried through my account  keeps say wrong password or user account. Can not change password as it wants the old password? well if I knew that I would not be trying to change it??DUH.

Does anyone know how to solve this please. LeonSmiley LOL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: retrieve email password

Hey Leon

Sorry for thissue your having you can try using this link to retrieve it
https://myacct.telstra.com/forgottenPassword?execution=e1s1
If still not working through here best bet is to call BigPond on 133-933 or Live Chat using following link they can retrieve it
https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

If any issues still send me a PM i should be able to help you if still having trouble Smiley Happy

Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Apple & Android Enthusiast, iPhone 6 Space Grey 128GB
iOS 10.0.2

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Leon

Sorry for thissue your having you can try using this link to retrieve it
https://myacct.telstra.com/forgottenPassword?execution=e1s1
If still not working through here best bet is to call BigPond on 133-933 or Live Chat using following link they can retrieve it
https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

If any issues still send me a PM i should be able to help you if still having trouble Smiley Happy

iOS 10.0.2

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Iwasconed
Level 4: Private Eye

Thanks mate I have found out a retrieve my self.But I will still keep your information .Thanks
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No worries Smiley Happy

iOS 10.0.2

BevLa
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi,

I too am having trouble trying to retrieve a password for my email account.   I managed to change the password on the primary account, but it just won't accept the password I have for my email address, so I cannot change it.. When I do ring I tell them it won't accept the password they have there but they just send me the same one again and again.  At one stage there were 3 passwords, but no explanation as to what account they were for!

It started when on the 8th November I rang to get an extra email address and thatt has been 'migrating' through the system (apparently) since then.  Firstly I was told it would take 2 hours before I could use and when that time elapsed I rang them again - naturally got someone different and told them it all over again and was told that it would take 24 hours.   Left it again and once that time was over I rang again - same trouble different person and was told it would be 24 to 48 business hours.    I forgot to add that each time I spoke to someone they were going to ring me and let me know when it would be ready and when I first explained my problem to them they were going to get it right for me with the session.  I finally emailed complaints,  but I am getting worried now as even though the letter they sent sent within 5 working days, the website states 1 working day and from what I have read they don't ring back either.

Alll I wanted was an extra email address for my husband and now I cannot get my passwords for my email address and the one I set up for my husband (they gave me the password for that)   Then I told them I wanted to add the extra email address to my account settings as it states that these settings are needed to be able to use the email.

Do I just ignore the extra email I wanted and get another one or do I hope that my complaint will be fixed up.

Bev

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Bev

Sorry for the runaround you have experienced in trying to access your email account. I'm not sure if this link will be of any assistance to you, however it is worth a try. 

How To Retrieve Username and/or Password Online

With regard to the Complaint you have lodged, you should hear back from a Case Manager within 5 working days, and yes they do return calls. The Case Manager will work with you until all of your concerns are resolved.  

Keep us informed as to how you get on Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

BevLa

Hi Lindy,

The route you gave me to retrieve my password is one that I have been trying and which seems like forever.

One thing I did not mention was that one of the people I rang did put my mobile number on for me to help retrieve my password (which was a great help), but as I said it just keeps sending me old passwords that I have, but for some reason have been changed and not given to me,

It is frustrating trying to ring for help, because you first have to go through that annoying automated voice who doesn't seem to hear my voice and keeps asking me the same questions and then sends you ads of things that Telstra can do to help!   Then you get on to someone - quite often not the department you wanted, but the automated voice has sent you there anyway, even if you ask for Technical Suport - and you try to get help from the live person who must only have a certain bit of knowledge about your query, because they then have to get in touch with their superior - who naturally is either talking to someone else or at a meeting and they will definitely get back to you.  I can practically say everything these people are going to say before they do now as I am so used to the spiel they give.

It is now the third working day, so I am hoping to hear from someone soon, but I should imagine it will be left till the last day.

All this trouble over an extra mailbox - not a hard job really is it?

Bev

BevLa

Hi again

I don't know if I am on the right page for this, but I have been on to My bigpond and in my services it shows the Primary email THEN IT shows the new email I am trying to get and for which I can't get any satisfaction, but it doesn't show my own email address!

Then I went on to My Account and it shows 3 mailboxes.   One of the mailboxes in one I closed on Monday, but today it has come back in full glory with it also named as a Primary along with my original primary and my own email address.   It doesn't show the new one though.

PLEASE how do I get rid of the one that has reappeared as when I try to delete it, it just sits there.

This really is going past a joke now - and there is still 2 days for the Technician to ring and help me - I hope.

Bev

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi BevLa, 

The issues which you are experiencing can only be rectified by someone with access to your account.  We are unable to do this on Crowd Support.  I can only advise that you talk to our Tech Support team on 133 933 or via Live Chat, they will be able to access your account and provide you with an update on the ticket/case which you raised earlier, and further information on removing the unwanted mailbox.

Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

BevLa

I do not believe it.   I spent over an hour this morning on live chat and still nothing.

This morning when i spoke to ma. Carmela and they went off periodically to speak to someone else, i had two (2) accounts which showed as primary.   The proper one, plus one on an email i closed on monday that had appeared without warning.. 

But now there are 3 primary's showing.    The newest one is the email i have been trying to get since the 8th november.

However, when i do a test on the new one, it comes back telling me from postmast@.mail.hotmail.com that 'delivery to the following recipients failed.

I suggested that it would be because there are no settings yet, i.e. Account type, incoming and outgoing servers which i would have to put on my accounts settings in my microsoft outlook.

I tried to get in touch with the person i was speaking to, per the email sent to me and i find i have to wait another 2 hours for anything to be done.    However, when i ignore that (as i have a reference no) when i get someone it goes down on me.

I really am a bit scared to go on or perhaps i will have another email (the only one left which is the one i use) showing as a primary as well.

As i was told i had to be able to get into webmail with the newest one so they could turn off pop etc. I thought i would try that, but i am damned if i can find out how to do it so i can get on and use the newest email for the purpose i had it made up.

I am determined to do it, so will not bother about gmail. Etc.

Bev

Sorry i am shouting, but i am very annoyed!! 

BevLa

Well I looked on my last email  I know I was shouting, but perhaps it is for the best as I finally got a young man on 24/7  who helped me out - even to the point of ringing me when I couldn't get something right.

I missed his name, but gave him a 10 for effort after we were finished and now I have my new email to use.

Thank you to the young man I am now a happy lady.

Bev

BevLa

I notice Complaints got back to me yesterday.    I put the complaint in last Sunday 15th November and Friday was the last of the 5 business days.  Not that I needed it for the emails after the wonderful help I had, but I would like the other 2 Primary's taken off 2 of the mailboxes and the one I recently closed taken off again not shown as a mailbox.

I know that the one that has been the primary all the time is still that, but it annoys me to see the other mistakes (not from me I might add) still showing.

Bev

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now