Highlighted
Meggsy47
Level 2: Rookie

telstra mail migration troubleshooting

Answered

Using MAC OSX 10.5.5 Outlook (2011 for MAC).

Set up new account.  First to arrive were most recent "sent emails" but only about 4 days worth.  Then I got over 17,000 trash mail and about 20 emails to the inbox from family members.

At this point the process halted - saying that Telstra was downloading 10 of over 10,000 emails.

12 Hours later nothing had progressed.

I delted the trash (permanently).  Having done this I lost the other 20 inbox emails.  I still have the "sent" mail, but now, nothing is downloading.

I can send an email, but no email is migrating from outlook.

What do I do?????  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Meggsy47
Accepted Solution

Re: telstra mail migration troubleshooting

I am replying to my own post, and hopefully this assists some others  in gaining the answer to your frustrations.

When migrating from MAC OSX Outlook 2011 to Telstra Mail, unless you use the link in the final email you receive from Telstra, to set up your account, you will end up with Mac Mail that downloads your email and you will go forward with only Mac Mail.

Instead, on that last email, "Getting Started", click on the link for "email settings" and then scroll down to the listed options at the bottom of this email.  The first of those is "Set up Telstra Mail for your computers email client".

Here is where you get to select the option for Telstra to setup for you, by selecting the "Mac" option.

Literally, in a matter of moments, your original Outlook email is updated with new settings and your email will download - as it always has.

Where I got misdirected was using the manual instructions provided.  Don't do it.  If you already have - setup as above and then simply disable MacMail once your emails have been updated.  Hope this has helped some.Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Meggsy47
Accepted Solution

I am replying to my own post, and hopefully this assists some others  in gaining the answer to your frustrations.

When migrating from MAC OSX Outlook 2011 to Telstra Mail, unless you use the link in the final email you receive from Telstra, to set up your account, you will end up with Mac Mail that downloads your email and you will go forward with only Mac Mail.

Instead, on that last email, "Getting Started", click on the link for "email settings" and then scroll down to the listed options at the bottom of this email.  The first of those is "Set up Telstra Mail for your computers email client".

Here is where you get to select the option for Telstra to setup for you, by selecting the "Mac" option.

Literally, in a matter of moments, your original Outlook email is updated with new settings and your email will download - as it always has.

Where I got misdirected was using the manual instructions provided.  Don't do it.  If you already have - setup as above and then simply disable MacMail once your emails have been updated.  Hope this has helped some.Smiley Happy

Acter
Level 10: Junior Detective

That says it all.  Telstra BP inability to provide its loyal paying customers with any form of meaningful guidance with this fiasco. Just click flick and foget, and hope for the best ie a couple of links to some distant website, one size fits all.  Third world stuff, Telstar BP.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now