Highlighted
srnich
Level 1: Cadet

Extenders & Adaptors

Hi,

I'm thinking of subscribing to Foxtel through my T-box. However, the T-box is using wi-fi and according to the set-up instructions i need an ethernet connection which can be achieved using a Telstra Home Network Extender (the T-box is remote to the router). Do you sell them? I'm using the Telstra router provided with the T-box (Thomson TG782T).

Many thanks

~sn

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Extenders & Adaptors

You can do it over Wi-Fi however it will usually have better performance over cable.

The NETGEAR XAVB5401 POWERLINE EXTENDER
would be a good solution, plug one end in near the modem/router and one in near the t-box and it provides the connection over the powerline in the house.

These extenders are often available in store, however unfortuantly as store seldom check these pages it would be hard to know if this particular store does or does not keep them in store (however if they do not, I believe they should be able to get them in for you) without a quick call or visit to the store unfortuantly; and yes, they would be compatible with the TG782T Modem.

The stores contact details are:
Shop 1, 732 Military Road
Mosman NSW 2088
Phone: 1800 721 473
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

srnich
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Extenders & Adaptors

Many thanks for the rapid response and great content

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now