CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Ranger75
Level 1: Cadet

Can't redeem One drive offer of 200 GB on new plan

Answered
I am trying to redeem the offer received by email from ‘Telstra Thanks’ but it keeps saying it cannot set up OneDrive due to a technical glitch? I have searched the forum and the solutions offered do not work. I have tried many times to no avail. Very frustrating.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't redeem One drive offer of 200 GB on new plan

Hi Ranger75, thanks for taking the time to post about the issue - can you provide a verbatim copy of the error message you're receiving when trying to make the claim?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

dazcuz68
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Hi,
I am having the same problem.
Could you please let us know a solution to this problem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Ranger75, thanks for taking the time to post about the issue - can you provide a verbatim copy of the error message you're receiving when trying to make the claim?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ranger75

Hi,

Please find attached a screen capture of the error message. I have tried again many times but keep getting the same response. 

Regards,

R

63B98334-B107-4545-ABF3-DDDF67526541.jpeg

viseye

I have just ported from Optus to Telstra last week and am already regretting it. This offer is bogus. The complaints about the offer not working go back years from what I can see, and Telstra do not appear to be doing anything to solve. Phone support was completely useless and just handballed to this crowd support which appears to be just people complaining and the occasional Telstra agent placating the complainant. There seems to be no genuine attempt to fix the problem which Telstra are obviously aware of. Even for this agent to ask you to clarify the failure message is total rubbish as the same message has appeared for years...and Telstra are and should be well and truly aware of the issue. This needs to be fixed Telstra once and for all.... or remove the offer altogether and stop over promising and under delivering!
Support Team
Support Team

Thankyou for that, Ranger 75. We're currently investigating an issue with the redemption of that offer and appreciate your contribution. Appreciate your patience. - Matthew

dazcuz68
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Hi,
I am having the same problem.
Could you please let us know a solution to this problem.
Ranger75

G’day dazcuz,

The short answer is, there is no solution. 

The reason you can’t activate the offer, as it was explained to me, is because this Telstra promotion ended on 31 Dec 17 and they ‘forgot’ to remove it from their website and promotional advertising. I was informed of this oversight only after numerous calls to Telstra consultants (who knew nothing and were of no assistance) and said they’d find out more and call me back (but never did!). Even when I elevated this to a formal complaint they didn’t return calls! It was very poor customer service, I am convinced their theory was just to ignore me and hope I would go away - but I didnt! 

So after two two weeks of getting the run-around from Telstra I finally got onto a consultant who told me the offer had expired and simply said there was nothing she could do to reactivate it. Instead she offered me a discount on my mobile phone bill to the value of a 200GB cloud storage account as an offset for what it will cost me to purchase my own cloud account. As a result I am now getting a $15 a month discount off my mobile phone bill for the next two years. I recommend you push for the same. 

Good of luck and don’t give up. If Telstra can’t sort themselves out they deserve to be financially penalised in this way. 

Ranger

PS. I never heard back from our Telstra online support team either. The apparent corporate culture of stonewalling clients in the hope they’ll go away, has been very disappointing! 

Ardri

I'm having the same problem, why can't Telstra just fix the link?

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your interest in the Telstra OneDrive offer. The offer ended on December 31, 2017 however, unintentionally this remained on the landing page of our website past this time. This is why you have been unable to redeem the offer. I’m sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now