Highlighted
fredmaxwell
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Kayo 'offer'

There is a Telstra Kayosports $2.50 for first two months offer, please warn others this is a scam and unsure why Telstra are advertising this.

There are dozens of customers like myself that have gone through the process only be told after signing up that they've been charged $25/ month with no explanation.

This is very sneaky and hardly any sort of reward for being a customer, either Telstra should re-imburse for this fraud or get an explanation from Kayo/Foxtel on what is going on and stop advertising this as a benefit.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Kayo 'offer'

If you signed up validating your Telstra account via the offers portal and follow the validation prompts then it should trigger the $22.50 credit on each of the first two months. 

It also only applies to new Kayo customers, so if you had previously tried Kayo or used another promo code or voucher in the signup then it wouldn't work. 

If you were eligable and you were charged on your Telstra account then speaking to Billing would be your best bet, but if you were charged to a credit card you would need to speak to Kayo as they would be the biller in that case. 

"Kayo's $5 for 2 months promotion gives you full access to Kayo Basic for $2.50 per month for 2 months. Yep, $2.50 a month! To take up this offer simply sign up to the Basic Subscription (usually $25/month) between 14 March and 14 April, 2019 and you'll only be charged $2.50 each month for the first 2 months.

Customers will be charged $25 for their third consecutive month unless they cancel prior to the third month billing date."

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Lukepelusox98
Level 2: Rookie

Can we trust Telstra, because it doesn’t mention this information anywhere, when your asked to choose your plan.

It is under thing you need to know, which is typically where they put all that sort of info.

https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/kayo
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

fredmaxwell

Er, I was a new customer and there is no way to pay other than a credit card not the Telstra account which would be my preference. I spoke to billing and told me the same....google Kayo scam and you will see others who have fallen victim to this.

That is really strange. I hadn’t signed up as we have Foxtel sports it wasn’t really of any usage but I just went through it now, and it is showing me the $2.50 price and the option of Telstra billing. That is going via the sign up option in the link above and logging into my Telstra ID. 

As as it was charged to your credit card it would be Kayo support who would need to arrange an adjustment for you if it didn’t do what it was meant to. 

FEA36BDE-9ACD-4822-9E65-350275102BF7.jpegKayo Offer 1

4A76FD48-C242-4AB2-ADF8-184A8C3880A3.jpegKayo Offer 2

Helpful Links

serf46

Not sure what's happened here. I have subscribed to the Telstra Kayo offer and my Telstra bill shows $2.50 only. Did you subscribe via Telstra or perhaps Kayo itself?

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now