Highlighted
onlinequest
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Plus Redemption Scam!!!

Telstra Plus Redemption is totally a scam! To be more specific for item “iPad Pro 11 inch Smart Folio Keyboard”. I placed two same redemption orders with 3000 points plus $111 for each order on the 2nd Aug 2019. Incorrect item received for order no. 1 on the 5th Aug 2019, then again incorrect item received for order no. 2. Those two incorrect items internal product code is SKU 129518 (https://accessories.telstra.com.au/smart-folio-for-11-inch-ipad-pro-charcoal-grey) How is this fair and legal?! I ordered two “iPad Pro 11 inch Smart Folio Keyboard“ and I received two iPad 11 inch smart folio case with no keyboard! Online customer service told me what I received was the correct item according to Telstra internal product code! I told numerous online customer service team that someone got the product code wrong with that specific redemption but no one want to admit it! I’ve since returned those two wrong items as requested by one of the online customer service for my two orders and according to the Austpost tracking, it shows those two wrong items has been delivered back to Telstra. (https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/details/63307035038060) However, online customer service told me that they can’t re-send those two supposed to be the correct items; SKU 129520 (https://accessories.telstra.com.au/smart-keyboard-folio-for-11-inch-ipad-pro-us-engli) and they can’t refund the money that I paid for those two orders back to my credit card! So they offered me to put the money in my Telstra account as a credit. I refused! since according to ACCC, they told me on the phone that the refund needs to go back to the original payment method. ACCC also told me if Telstra refuse to refund my money back to my credit card then I should contact Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading. This is the complaint reference: SR 1-2157841898364 that I was given from my chat this afternoon. So whoever the case manager is assigned to my case, please contact me ASAP between 9am-8pm

IMG_5377.jpg58666515902__6B78BF0A-C55A-494D-BD8A-050B5722C3B0.jpg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
19 REPLIES 19
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Plus Redemption Scam!!!

Hi onlinequest,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear that you were send the incorrect products. I understand this is extremely frustrating. 

Have you had any contact from you Case Manager Today?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Support Team
Support Team

Just checking in, did you still need a hand with this one?

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

onlinequest

Hi Dave. yes a lady called me yesterday at 3:36pm saying they have dispatched one correct item for one of my orders and she is going to find out if they are resending the 2nd order with the correct item. Still waiting for tracking details.

onlinequest

Yes Ryan, please find out the tracking info for the 1st replacement order and also if the 2nd replacement order is happening or not. Thanks.

Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you. Please let me know when you hear back regarding these second tracking details, and keep an eye on your spam/junk folder (sometimes our notifications can get sent there based on your email security).

- Ryan

Support Team
Support Team

We cannot relay this information via these channels due to security sorry, but your case manager will be in touch as soon as possible with this follow up information.

- Ryan

onlinequest

I have just received StarTrack delivery notification for order no. LYO50223904, hopefully this time it is the correct one with the keyboard, I will find out in 2 days.

I am still waiting for my second order (order no. LYO50223876) delivery notification with the correct item as well, hopefully the email will come soon.

onlinequest

Hi Ryan,

Could you please ask my case manager to give me a call regarding the 2nd order redelivery (order no. LYO50223876) on Monday?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @onlinequest

I've followed up with your case manager as requested here.

Please keep us in the loop on how the phone call goes.

- Matty

onlinequest

Hi Matty,

I did not received any calls from Telstra today, however I just received an email from 'Telstra Notifications" saying:

"As your Telstra Case Manager I'll be investigating your complaint. I’ve tried to get in touch with you but unfortunately I seem to have missed you.

I tried to contact you today and will try again on the next 24 hours.

I hope to discuss the details of your complaint with you soon."

Please ask my case manager not to lie about trying to call me today as I did not received any calls at all today and no missed calls either from Telstra. 

Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate you updating me on what is happening.

Let us know what happens when you receive their call tomorrow.

onlinequest

So no one here from Telstra support can tell me what is happening with my 2nd order redelivery with the correct item (order no. LYO50223876)?

Support Team
Support Team

Have you checked the order tracker?

https://tel.st/zvlbr

onlinequest

Yes but order number LYO50223876 is Telstra redemption order number not the 1- order number!

Support Team
Support Team

Have you been supplied with the order number?

onlinequest

No that order number was the only number that I was given.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for confirming it is the only order number you do have.

The case manager will be able to confirm the delivery for you.

Let me know if you do not hear from them tomorrow morning.

onlinequest

Still no phone calls from Telstra! No missed calls either!

Support Team
Support Team

We are following this up for you now, @onlinequest. I am sorry for the trouble with this and we will do everything we can to support you until this is resolved.

Thanks

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now