CrowdSupport®
onlinequest
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra Plus Redemption Scam!!!

Telstra Plus Redemption is totally a scam! To be more specific for item “iPad Pro 11 inch Smart Folio Keyboard”. I placed two same redemption orders with 3000 points plus $111 for each order on the 2nd Aug 2019. Incorrect item received for order no. 1 on the 5th Aug 2019, then again incorrect item received for order no. 2. Those two incorrect items internal product code is SKU 129518 (https://accessories.telstra.com.au/smart-folio-for-11-inch-ipad-pro-charcoal-grey) How is this fair and legal?! I ordered two “iPad Pro 11 inch Smart Folio Keyboard“ and I received two iPad 11 inch smart folio case with no keyboard! Online customer service told me what I received was the correct item according to Telstra internal product code! I told numerous online customer service team that someone got the product code wrong with that specific redemption but no one want to admit it! I’ve since returned those two wrong items as requested by one of the online customer service for my two orders and according to the Austpost tracking, it shows those two wrong items has been delivered back to Telstra. (https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/details/63307035038060) However, online customer service told me that they can’t re-send those two supposed to be the correct items; SKU 129520 (https://accessories.telstra.com.au/smart-keyboard-folio-for-11-inch-ipad-pro-us-engli) and they can’t refund the money that I paid for those two orders back to my credit card! So they offered me to put the money in my Telstra account as a credit. I refused! since according to ACCC, they told me on the phone that the refund needs to go back to the original payment method. ACCC also told me if Telstra refuse to refund my money back to my credit card then I should contact Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading. This is the complaint reference: SR 1-2157841898364 that I was given from my chat this afternoon. So whoever the case manager is assigned to my case, please contact me ASAP between 9am-8pm

IMG_5377.jpg58666515902__6B78BF0A-C55A-494D-BD8A-050B5722C3B0.jpg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
50 REPLIES 50
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Plus Redemption Scam!!!

Hi onlinequest,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear that you were send the incorrect products. I understand this is extremely frustrating. 

Have you had any contact from you Case Manager Today?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Support Team
Support Team

Just checking in, did you still need a hand with this one?

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

onlinequest

Hi Dave. yes a lady called me yesterday at 3:36pm saying they have dispatched one correct item for one of my orders and she is going to find out if they are resending the 2nd order with the correct item. Still waiting for tracking details.

onlinequest

Yes Ryan, please find out the tracking info for the 1st replacement order and also if the 2nd replacement order is happening or not. Thanks.

Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you. Please let me know when you hear back regarding these second tracking details, and keep an eye on your spam/junk folder (sometimes our notifications can get sent there based on your email security).

- Ryan

Support Team
Support Team

We cannot relay this information via these channels due to security sorry, but your case manager will be in touch as soon as possible with this follow up information.

- Ryan

onlinequest

I have just received StarTrack delivery notification for order no. LYO50223904, hopefully this time it is the correct one with the keyboard, I will find out in 2 days.

I am still waiting for my second order (order no. LYO50223876) delivery notification with the correct item as well, hopefully the email will come soon.

onlinequest

Hi Ryan,

Could you please ask my case manager to give me a call regarding the 2nd order redelivery (order no. LYO50223876) on Monday?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @onlinequest

I've followed up with your case manager as requested here.

Please keep us in the loop on how the phone call goes.

- Matty

onlinequest

Hi Matty,

I did not received any calls from Telstra today, however I just received an email from 'Telstra Notifications" saying:

"As your Telstra Case Manager I'll be investigating your complaint. I’ve tried to get in touch with you but unfortunately I seem to have missed you.

I tried to contact you today and will try again on the next 24 hours.

I hope to discuss the details of your complaint with you soon."

Please ask my case manager not to lie about trying to call me today as I did not received any calls at all today and no missed calls either from Telstra. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Appreciate you updating me on what is happening.

Let us know what happens when you receive their call tomorrow.

onlinequest

So no one here from Telstra support can tell me what is happening with my 2nd order redelivery with the correct item (order no. LYO50223876)?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you checked the order tracker?

https://tel.st/zvlbr

onlinequest

Yes but order number LYO50223876 is Telstra redemption order number not the 1- order number!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Have you been supplied with the order number?

onlinequest

No that order number was the only number that I was given.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for confirming it is the only order number you do have.

The case manager will be able to confirm the delivery for you.

Let me know if you do not hear from them tomorrow morning.

onlinequest

Still no phone calls from Telstra! No missed calls either!

Support Team
Support Team

We are following this up for you now, @onlinequest. I am sorry for the trouble with this and we will do everything we can to support you until this is resolved.

Thanks

Highlighted
onlinequest

Any update????? I am still waiting for my 2nd order re-delivery with the correct ipad 11 inch keyboard case. No calls or missed calls either yesterday! This is getting ridiculous!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @onlinerequest, sorry to hear of the ongoing troubles you've had. I have reached out to your case manager asking for them to contact you as soon as possible to follow up the order for you. If you don't hear back by close of business Monday let me know and I'll follow this up again for you. 

onlinequest

If you are not going to send me the correct item for my 2nd order by next Monday (25th Aug 2019), you leave me no choice to contact the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading on next Tuesday.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi onlinequest, your case manager has been contacted and will be in contact as soon as they can.

onlinequest

No calls from any of my case manager for the entire week! No emails regarding my 2nd Telstra Plus redemption order (LYO50223876) for the correct item! This is very upsetting and totally illegal behaviour. Like I said, if no phone calls by 5pm next Monday, I will report this "scamming behaviour" to the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading and ACCC the following day since I have more than enough evidence.

onlinequest

Still no phone calls/emails at all!

Support Team
Support Team

That's disappointing to hear, we have reached out to remind your case manager that this matter needs further attention. I apologise this has been your experience and we look forward to resolving it with you soon.

onlinequest

Still no calls no emails nothing!

I have just lodged an official written complaint to the Queensland Government Office of Fair Trading.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @onlinequest

It's disappointing to hear you haven't been contacted yet.

I can assure you that we have followed up with the team that is managing complaints to request for this to be reopened & for contact to be made as quickly as possible.

Being you haven't heard anything, I'll follow up again today. If for some reason you do not received contact by close of business Thursday, please let us know here.

We appreciate your patience & apologise for any concern in the meantime.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

onlinequest

This is ridiculous! You guys just keep taking turns to ask me to wait for my case manager to call!

Whoever respond next from Telstra Support Team needs to tell me the following:

1. What is the name of my case manager?

2. What is his/her Telstra employ number?

3. How can I make a formal complaint to the Telstra CEO office? (Email? phone number?)

Support Team
Support Team

Hi onlinequest,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I am unable to provide your Case Managers name and employee number due to privacy. These details would need to be provided by your Case Manager.

If you did want to raise this issue with the Office of the CEO this can be done here https://tel.st/zgl5f

onlinequest

You can always use private message to send me the case manager detail, I assumed you don't even know who my case manager is.

onlinequest

So what happen if no one calls me by 5pm today??????????????

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If no one makes contact with you, let us know, and we can chase this up further. 

onlinequest

Still no phone calls, no missed calls, no emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is my Telstra Plus redemption order (LYO50223876)???????????????????

Support Team
Support Team

I'm so sorry that you weren't contacted at 5pm, this is definitely disappointing and I appreciate your frustration. Your case manager may be tied up with a previous complaint, but I have reached out to prompt them just in case.

Please keep us posted, and let us know when your case manager has made contact, and what they advise.

onlinequest

Still no phone calls, no missed calls and no emails.

Whoever that case manager is I need to speak to his/her superior, this is getting really ridiculous! and unlawful since you have taken my money and (Telstra Plus points)!!!

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for keeping us updated onlinequest, 

I've contacted your case manager and their team leader to ensure that you are contacted as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you're not contacted tomorrow as I would like to see this appropriately addressed.

- Matty

onlinequest

I received a call late yesterday afternoon, she said she will investigate with the Telstra Plus redemption department, however she did not mention anything about sending me the replacement order.

Questions:

1. Why does she need to investigate (again?)??? It is simply organising a replacement order since you have the incorrect items back at your end.

2. How long does it take the ship out a replacement order??????

Support Team
Support Team

I'm glad to hear you were contacted about this @onlinequest & while I understand it's still ongoing, the complaint is open & we would be doing what we can to resolve this matter for you as quickly as possible. 

I'm unable to provide you any time frames in regards to the resolution of your issue but rest assured, as mentioned above, it would be done asap. 

I understand the time taken already is not a great experience however if for some reason you don't hear from the case manager, please let us know here.

You've been more than patient & we appreciate your understanding while this gets resolved. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

onlinequest

The case manager/supervisor did not say when she will call me back again and I did not get her name as I was on hands free driving at the time when she called on Monday afternoon.

By the way, I have just received a call this morning from Office of Fair Trading QLD this morning and if this case doesn't resolve by 13th Sep 2019 (if I don't get the correct item that I ordered or refund by that date) then the Office of Fair Trading will proceed with the full investigation.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @onlinequest - I can see that we're liaising via Private Message so I'll continue further conversation there.

I'll pass this along to the Case Manager, and request an update as to what's happening.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

onlinequest

I've received a call last night around 7:50pm from employee number D642782, she told me Telstra could not fulfil my replacement order so I am getting my Telstra points and $111 refund. She told me to go to a Telstra physical store and present them with my original credit card to get my $111 refund.

I went to the Telstra Shop at Toombul QLD, I gave them the reference number and they found out the $111 has already been credited towards my mobile phone bill !!!!!!! They could not help me with the refund!

They I made a call to the billing team, she could not help me either as $111 has already been credited (which I gave no authority to do so!), she gave me a choice to either pay my phone bill in advance (which is not due until 18th Sep 2019), then she can process the $111 refund 2-3 days after that! She put me on hold on the phone earlier, however I got cut off, she tried to call me back but somehow the call was hung up upon picking up that call.

This is completely illegal, I purchased an item and Telstra could not fulfil my order so the payment should go back to the original payment! it is that simple!

I will be contacting my credit company to investigate and get my money back. I will give the officer who is handling my case at the Office of Fair Trading QLD a call later today.

Community Manager

Hey @onlinequest,

Thanks for keeping me updated on the status of this one - I'm happy to read that your Case Manager has come to a resolution with you, but I'm sorry to read about the unfortunate circumstance.

I've liaised with them directly, passed this information along and will see if there's anything more they can do to assist.

Once again, my apologies for the ongoing frustrations here.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

onlinequest

This is the reference number I just received in my email; INT 1-2181816123135.

onlinequest

I just logged in my Telstra Plus account and I am still missing that 3000 point refund, could you please chase that up too.

Community Manager

Thanks @onlinequest

I've passed this along in my correspondence.

Regards

onlinequest

I've got the $111 refund today, however I am still missing my 3000 Telstra Plus points refund.

Can you please add that 3000 Telstra Plus points back to my account?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi onlinequest, 

We would need our Live Chat team here  https://tel.st/eeqmk to discuss this with you sorry. Please let us know if you have any trouble there. 

onlinequest

I went on to the Telstra chat as you suggested yesterday afternoon, told "Christopher" to refund my 3000 Telstra Plus points because Telstra couldn't fulfilled my redemption, they acknowledged it and said my 3000 Telstra Plus points will be created within 24 hours. Guess what! Still no 3000 points in my account!

Also I just noticed, on the 6th September, 1110 points was deducted with description "$111 - Points reversal"? what is that for?????????

So I am not getting 3000 points refund and I lost further 1110 points!?Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 8.18.51 pm.png

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now