Highlighted
cherylcwl
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Thanks 2 Free Movie Tickets

Answered

Hi. I received an email from telstra saying that if I bought 2 movie tickets within the next 30 days, I would get an email for a voucher for 2 more free movie tickets. I booked 2 tickets and have already gone to see the show, but I've yet to received anything in my email. Do I have to wait a little longer? Or were they supposed to have sent it already? How can I claim the voucher?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Thanks 2 Free Movie Tickets

Hi Everyone

We've received word that all outstanding vouchers for this offer will be sent by the 18th of November. 

Thanks for your patience.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

cherylcwl
Accepted Solution

Just received the 2 free tickets today! All good!

Hopefully next time it'll be a little quicker.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Level 23: Superhero

The email you received, did it give you a timeframe in the terms and conditions?
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
cherylcwl

It literally says:

"Want 2 FREE movie tickets?
As an added bonus, if you buy two specially priced movie tickets within the next 30 days, we’ll email you a voucher for two more free movie tickets. Just to say thanks.
You’ll need to login to My Account before purchasing movie tickets with Telstra Thanks."

And then the button saying "buy movie tickets now"

I used that link and followed the instructions which prompted me to login with my Telstra acc details and then proceeded to buy the tickets.

Don't know where I could have gone wrong
Support Team
Support Team

Hey cherylcwl,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

Were you able to have a screen shot of the email listed on this thread, or a link from the email that does have a link to the terms and conditions for the offer. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

cherylcwl

Here's the screenshot:

Untitled.jpg

When clicking the button, it brings me to this page:

https://www.telstra.com.au/thanks/movies?RRID=1078384185&RMID=TC_F100D_Thanks_eDM_1_Intro@MBB@FBB@PS...

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks cherylcwl

I will follow this up for you. Please give me a couple days. 

JianAnLim
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, Hope you don't mind I inject a question in this post.

What is mean by "specially priced movie tickets"?

brighterthnsun

@JianAnLim wrote:

Hi, Hope you don't mind I inject a question in this post.

What is mean by "specially priced movie tickets"?

Here you go!! 

TT.jpg

Bernstarr

Hay Dani39,

Any updates on this? Would be keen to find out how to get the voucher too.

quop

I received an email yesterday with the same offer, same as cherylwcl described earlier. After reading this thread I'm having doubts about whether the offer will actually be honoured, so some clarification would be great.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi All,

First of all I do apologise for a delays.

We are certainly aware of this issue and is partly due to the popularity of this offer and we will deliver the outstanding vouchers within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thank you for raising your concerns. 

- Jarred

iminkew

I have the same query too. 

I bought tickets within the time frame but have not recevied the 2 free tickets.

When can I expect them?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Iminkew

Sorry for the delay in getting these tickets out to you. 

We have been advised that these tickets will be dispatched within the next 2-3 weeks, so you should be receiving them soon. 

Kind Regards 

Bazza9

I have raised this issue twice with the 24/7 Telstra chat. First time they put me off by referring me to Ticketmaster (as if Ticketmaster has anything to do with this?) and second time they referred me to BigPond movies (which is the movie rental service).. 

No solution so far, and I have not seen my 2 free tickets either. Don't know what annoys me more, Telstra not delivering on its promises or the customer service trying to solve my queries by sending me to a third party  Smiley Mad

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Bazza9 

I can chase this up for you. If you can check your Inbox, I have sent you a PM. 

Kind Regards 

SEC

Hi Lindy

How long will it be and when/how will we get our tix, if any!

Thank u

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Everyone

We've received word that all outstanding vouchers for this offer will be sent by the 18th of November. 

Thanks for your patience.

cherylcwl
Accepted Solution

Just received the 2 free tickets today! All good!

Hopefully next time it'll be a little quicker.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now