CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Thanks movies not working

Hi, when I try to buy tickets today, the Telstra Thanks options are not available on the event cinemas site.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra Thanks movies not working

Same here......
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It's not working on the Village Cinemas site in Victoria either. I suspect that the cinemas have updated their sites and the links on the Telstra end haven't been updated.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Same here
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @marcuslim,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about this, I can understand your frustration.

Can I please confirm if this issue has been resolved and you have been able to buy tickets?

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I think it must be because this issue has been happening for months.  For me the steps are:

Chrome browser:

1. Login to telstra

2. Thanks Movies

3. Select State, location, movie, session

4. Login to buy now

5. https://www.telstra.com.au/thanks/login -> reloads forever

When I use Firefox, I don't have this issue (the thanks login reloading forever)

Highlighted

@marcuslim wrote:

Hi, when I try to buy tickets today, the Telstra Thanks options are not available on the event cinemas site.

@marcuslim wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I think it must be because this issue has been happening for months.  For me the steps are:

Chrome browser:

1. Login to telstra
2. Thanks Movies
3. Select State, location, movie, session
4. Login to buy now
5. https://www.telstra.com.au/thanks/login -> reloads forever

When I use Firefox, I don't have this issue (the thanks login reloading forever)

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi sunboy2. Thanks for coming through. Appreciate your patience in this. What happens when you click through in Firefox? - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

This has been happening to me for months as well, but on my new PC build with windows 10 OS. I have my old PC (windows 7) and I don't have this happen. I've cleared the browser cache in Chrome and tried again with no luck. I think it may have something to do with Windows 10 with Chrome installed, but as yet from my searches the only response for a solution from Telstra is to clear your browser cache.

I really don't get how they can ignore this problem for so long with the pathetic "clear browser cache" response, it's like an IT guy telling to turn off your PC and restart it.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Hiconic1,

Sorry for the frustrating experience, we were aware of an issue with the Thanks Movies page about the time that you posted this (sorry for the slow response as well) which has since been resolved. Are you still having difficulty? If you've cleared your cache (per suggestions made elsewhere) have you been able to replicate the fault in another browser?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Hiconic1,

Just following up to see if you are still having this issue?

Please let me know.

Highlighted

This has been happening for months.
What is the point of having Telstra Thanks if noone can use it?
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Talya,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have had when trying to redeem the offer for discounted tickets via this Telstra Thanks service Smiley Sad How was it that you were trying to have these accessed? Was it via a computer, laptop, mobile or Tablet device and was there an error coming up when trying to complete the purchase? 

Highlighted

Having the same issue.. i do not see the telstra movie tickets on the eventcinemas website once it redirects..
Sudharshanan Mohanasundaram
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Sudha18, 

I've given this a couple of shots and haven't had any issues. 
I'd suggest trying a different device or browser to see if this helps. 

Let me know how you go, 

Jesse

Highlighted

Anyone having problems with Telstra Thanks

Been through on Chat but been told 24 -48 hours   - Not good enough

Went through the same problem  2 moths ago  no contact.

Telstra Thanks wont log in my account it just spins.  No matter if its  chrome or explorer

Only reason staying with Telstra was movies & sport streaming - considering their global roaming is so expensive.

Vodafone is looking a much better deal.   So much for cheap movies on the holidays

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit